• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snow Tracker Question

ApexerER

Expert
I am considering order a set of these....because I am tired of the push through the corners with the dual carbides and can't go back to the darting with an aggresive set of regular carbides. How much top end do you lose? It sounds like everyone likes them, it just looks like an awful lot of metal hanging out below the ski. Does anyone have something negative to say about them?

Thank you

They tear up your trailer and floor. They ride awesome in the snow, ice and any winter conditions.

Aggressive snowtrackers rock.

Banks93 said:
They tear up your trailer and floor. They ride awesome in the snow, ice and any winter conditions.

Aggressive snowtrackers rock.

If you've got ski guides on your trailer, they don't damage anything. I suspect any carbide will carve up bare plywood.

Not sure about top end. I've also got a Cobra track which I know causes a few MPH loss up top, still hang very close with other Apex's in my group. In a drag race, my skis are barely contacting the ground anyway.

I added a bottle in my nose cone this year to cure any top speed losses from other mods like snow trackers and cobra tracks. Best of all worlds now!

I went from Pilots to semi-aggressive snow trackers on stock skis and found that they pushed bad in the corners. The extremes might have been a better choice but I chose the semi's because I was concerned about the size of the extremes. I did take a h#!! of a jolt hitting railway tracks and they really fetched up on a partially thawed dirt roads.

I think the semi's are good on a touring sled and the extremes would be great for aggressive riders but only if there is lots of snow. Spring riding gets a bit sketchy around here so I decided not to use them.

Interesting post Bradford.

I was wondering about those things actually.

I also think they would get caught up between my drop down rear ramp and enclosed trailer, specially when backing off. I can see damage there being an issue.

I also used them for awhile, there are awesome on groomed trails, but like Bradford said they can be a little pain...
They don't like bare gas stations, sometimes u might get stuck a little ( they really grab)
There are other options to do that work just as good or better without the little issues they have...

Back