• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SNOW TRACKERS

I have put the semi-aggressive Trackers on three different Vipers with Cat skis, and they are close to perfect for all conditions. I put a set of the semi-aggressive Trackers on Cat skis on my son's 2017 Sidewinder RTX, with the same result (as long as he keeps the skis out of the air and on the ground). When I bought my 2019 Sidewinder LTX-DX, I kept the Tuners and had the dealer install Trackers, and they work great. I have a set of Cat skis still in the box that I never installed because of how well the Trackers work on the Tuners. I think the Tracker/Tuner combination is a little more aggressive than the semi-aggressive Trackers on the Cat skis, but less aggressive than the Aggressive Trackers. The bottom line is that there isn't anything else out there that holds the line better, steers easier, doesn't dart, and lasts longer than Trackers.

I run Aggressive SnowTrackers on Doo 5.7 single keel race skis and love them. Single keel helps with the push in soft snow some over a dual keel. I’ve tried them all and SnowTracker is my favorite setup bar none. Never been a fan of the semi-aggressive however, I like the Aggressives better.

I agree with Mr. Knapp, but on the dual keel like a stock tuner, the Semi-Agressive work better.

I have tried multiple combos on my Winder.
The SlimJims on Curves are good, but the SnoTrackers are AMAZING!
Once suspension is dialed in to them.......................FUGGETTABOUTIT

Is there much difference in steering effort between the two styles? I currently have my cat skis on my SW137 with 144 studs. I mainly ride groomed twisties. I'm looking forward to giving one of these a try.

I have semi aggressive snow trackers on all my delta box sleds and love them and will continue to use them in the future. I have one minor complaint though I haven't seen mentioned in this thread or others. I'm not a fan of the squared off stud bolts. They are too easy to strip even at 5ft/lbs of torque. I've double nutted all of mine for some extra bite. I suspect it might be a safety feature for the runner to break loose it it were to get hung up on something but that has never happened to me so far.

I have semi aggressive snow trackers on all my delta box sleds and love them and will continue to use them in the future. I have one minor complaint though I haven't seen mentioned in this thread or others. I'm not a fan of the squared off stud bolts. They are too easy to strip even at 5ft/lbs of torque. I've double nutted all of mine for some extra bite. I suspect it might be a safety feature for the runner to break loose it it were to get hung up on something but that has never happened to me so far.
I have installed a few sets over the years and never stripped a bolt!! I have always used a impact to torque down

So I put on my Tuners with Snow-trackers to start off this season to give them a try. First day trails were freshly groomed from the night before and nice and hard packed. Tuners with Snow-trackers handled awesome. Few days later, went out in warmer conditions and the snow softened up quite a bit. I could not steer with tons of push! I went back and switched to my Curves with Slim Jims and the handling was back to where I could point and steer. Yes, the steering was a bit harder with the Curves, but not too bad. I really do like the Curves a lot!

I made an adjustment on the torsion springs to set them on 3, since I am about 230lb fully dressed, which I had set on 1 in the off-season by mistake. I had already changed back to the Curves when I made that change, so not sure if that would have helped in the loose snow or not. I just know, I was pushing (plowing) like crazy in the loose stuff with Tuners/snow-trackers. In the loose snow, my Curves handle amazing.

I don't want to give up on the tuners/snow-trackers, so I may put them on again during a warmer day to see if any of my suspension changes help take care of the push.

So I put on my Tuners with Snow-trackers to start off this season to give them a try. First day trails were freshly groomed from the night before and nice and hard packed. Tuners with Snow-trackers handled awesome. Few days later, went out in warmer conditions and the snow softened up quite a bit. I could not steer with tons of push! I went back and switched to my Curves with Slim Jims and the handling was back to where I could point and steer. Yes, the steering was a bit harder with the Curves, but not too bad. I really do like the Curves a lot!

I made an adjustment on the torsion springs to set them on 3, since I am about 230lb fully dressed, which I had set on 1 in the off-season by mistake. I had already changed back to the Curves when I made that change, so not sure if that would have helped in the loose snow or not. I just know, I was pushing (plowing) like crazy in the loose stuff with Tuners/snow-trackers. In the loose snow, my Curves handle amazing.

I don't want to give up on the tuners/snow-trackers, so I may put them on again during a warmer day to see if any of my suspension changes help take care of the push.

You running 6 in or 8 in Slim Jims?

What snow trackers are you guys using on your curve skis? Would be very interested in trying this as my curves steer fairly hard, thanks.
Snow trackers makes them for curve skis, semi aggressive #20611 or aggressive #19611

Back