• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowmobile Lift--which type?

I've had the Eazy Move Snowmobile stand like above for years for my Attak's and wifes Vector LtX.. has worked great. Have the long track version. Takes a beating as these machines are heavy.
The Red lift is the best I feel for all around work on the machines. I can do just about everything with it. You set the front cross bar just behind the skid plate and you can do oil changes,etc.
Yeah but with the lift on the sled that far back it is really unbalanced and front end heavy. (With full skid plate) there is no way I'd crawl under it. I've seen lives lost and ruined from stupid accidents that should have never been. So i just jack it up, block it. then take the stand out. Better to be safe then sever a finger Or crush your skull.

Yeah but with the lift on the sled that far back it is really unbalanced and front end heavy. (With full skid plate) there is no way I'd crawl under it. I've seen lives lost and ruined from stupid accidents that should have never been. So i just jack it up, block it. then take the stand out. Better to be safe then sever a finger Or crush your skull.

I hear ya.. but I feel on this lift it's stable enough..so I don't bother if it's sitting right on the lift. I set the cross bar just at the edge of the oil pan cover. And in many years of use on my 07 Attaks and Vector LTX rolling around the shop on a rug etc no problem. I've done 4 exhaust donut jobs, 3 rear cooler jobs,2 front bushing jobs ..many other jobs as well on the Eazy Move.. don't know about other competitor lifts.

I have the ATV style pneumatic lift in my garage. It is nice because it brings the work up to me, instead of me being on the ground. I also manufactured a gantry style hoist in my garage for any lifting or holding I need to do. It consists of 3 10' I beam rails with rollers on them. Two on the sides buried in the ceiling joists and one with the hoist mounted to a roller on another 10ft I beam. Gives me 100 sqft of movement for the hoist.

I have a j&s motorcycle lift and can vouch for there quality. It's top notch!!

Here's a picture of a platform I put on and off a car lift that also works very well and is multiple purpose.
Screenshot_20180201-180349.png

You can also get an electric winch from Northern tool for short money. I use a table lift in conjunction with an electric winch above.
That table lift in the picture looks to have a limited use. Get the motorcycle table lift with the side extensions. I put casters on mine and can roll it around.

Agreed, Table top Lift with overhead electric hoist is the only way to fly, I use a Handy Lift with side extensions and a hoist from harbor freight. The hoist slides back and forth on a length of 2" square tube so either the front or rear of the sled can be lifted.

Agreed, Table top Lift with overhead electric hoist is the only way to fly, I use a Handy Lift with side extensions and a hoist from harbor freight. The hoist slides back and forth on a length of 2" square tube so either the front or rear of the sled can be lifted.
20% off any single item, superbowl weekend, at harbor freight!

The key with what I will refer to as the scissor type lifts, your option 1, is that they have a tall rear running board support arm. I have seen to many snowmobile lifts of this type with just small rubber bumpers on top of the lift bar. My Arctic Cat lift in the picture has a pivoting 5" long arm with the large bumper. This helps the sled sit more level when its up in the air. With that being said, this lift is not perfect either. There is only friction that holds the pivoting bumper arm in position. Too loose, it falls down when moving the lift around with the sled on it. The arm must be able to pivot down so you can pull the lift out from under the sled. I have an idea on how to modify so I can lock it in position but haven't spent the time to do that. G.B.

Lift.jpg

You guys looking for lift check out ( pogolift.ca )

Very nice! If I was a shop I would have a few of those setup..... the whole thing I think would be awkward is tripping or having to step over and around the lower section that it is carrying the whole unit while working on a elevated sled....but still a well thought out and built system... nice.

Back