• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtracker's

kviper

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 MCX Turbo Apex
I would like to hear from some people that have put some miles on them. Do they track straight? Do they fill up with snow/ice etc and push in the corner's? Do they drag hard and cut top end in snow? Do they take more arm to steer/feel heavy? I have been runing the Duece bar's with fairly good results but they do cut top end some and steer harder. Thanks, Kviper

i know a guy that has them on his apex and said it handles real good and they've lasted over 4,000 miles. he says they dont dart and turns excellent.

Same here, had the deuce bars before witch I thought worked pretty well but have to admit the snowtrackers are amazing, super easy to steer, sharp and precise cornering and absolutely no darting.
;)!
easy

I've used them since 2003 ,no darting!!! 119 on radar with stock APEX GT.There is 3 models available, standard ,semi-aggresive and aggresive. My opinion is ;)! for this product!!!

Cat hunter, did you notice them draging harder in loose snow or hard pack costing top end loss and are you runing the agressive set up? Thanks, kviper

Yeah Im interested in them in all conditions? How do they hold up to the road riding to and from trails etc?

I have been waiting for my tripple points for some time, thinking of going slydogs....but this wouuld be considerably cheaper.

well the more I look at these Im going to pass. I have to ride too far on marginal roads/ditches/trails to get too good snow. I would hate to snag one and be in aworld of hurt.

IM thinking slydogs this year. Maybe Pilots on the wifes...who knows I will call ulmer tomorrow.

there is no problem on the road ;the only thing is to watch out if the track is on ice and the tracker on pavement ;;;but they are real gooooood ;;;you can forget all the alternative try them ...if you dont like it you can sell them back ``but you wont``` bye

can someone explain how they are self sharpening?
is it that the outside the carbide is "softer" metal,hence it wears easyier? just a geuss...
thanks gary~

A word of caution. I Installed a set of aggressives (runner 1/8:\") last season and they were finished after 1200k. DO NOT USE THEM if there is little snow cover or stones visible. If you hit a stone and chip off the carbide, they will wear verry quickly. I heard that they had a dab bach of steel lastr year that did not have the proper hardness. They have apparently corrected this problem.
I installed a new set this year and have approx 1500k on them. Still in excellent shap. As far as handling, they are super. No darting, easy to steer and turm. I have mine on a 2004 RX Warrior.

Great!! I ordered a pair of semi agressive's, so when the melting stop's and we get more snow again i will report back. Thanks again, Kevin

Back