• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

speedo correction

Yamadog said:
evil eagle said:
I did this a little different. I grinded 6 teeth off. Then I set the speedo to show kph and it is mph. Just the speedo will say kph but it's really mph The odometer is pretty much dead on and the speed will show 3 mph higher at speeds over 100 mph.
An other benifit if you can take it for that is, it only really adds about 60% of the mileage it travels.

Thats confusing and really messes with the mileage. 2 teeth will get you soo close and only brings the mileage down a bit which is good if you have a time vs mileage warranty.

Do any of the mfgs offer warranty based on Mileage? It is my understanding that they all have terms spelled out in months.

Snowmobileaddict said:
Yamadog said:
evil eagle said:
I did this a little different. I grinded 6 teeth off. Then I set the speedo to show kph and it is mph. Just the speedo will say kph but it's really mph The odometer is pretty much dead on and the speed will show 3 mph higher at speeds over 100 mph.
An other benifit if you can take it for that is, it only really adds about 60% of the mileage it travels.

Thats confusing and really messes with the mileage. 2 teeth will get you soo close and only brings the mileage down a bit which is good if you have a time vs mileage warranty.

Do any of the mfgs offer warranty based on Mileage? It is my understanding that they all have terms spelled out in months.
Isn,t that interesting, because probably for most people, 75% of the warranty time disappears while a sled is sitting in a nice warm garage.
Any seasonal machine should have a warranty that only expires on the number of run time hours used. A 15K machine should have more than 6 months of real warranty. And during those six winter months, how many actual days out of sixty is the machine actually being used ? What a hozzing we get, and continue to accept.

Many of the "racer" versions of quads came with no warrenty....now that is a hozzing. But back on topic. Two teeth off my 07 attak is very close. while my brothers 2011 is very close out of the box......maybe 2 percent off?

I went to a local machine shop ang got a new gear made with 2 teeth less, it's almost bang on with my GPS +~ 1 mph, it cost about 30$

I don.t understand the need for the new gear, all it is doing is counting impulses to calculate speed.

evil eagle said:

Once again I'm blown away by what can come out of the mind of a sledder! Awesome ;)!

Back