• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SR Viper MTX skis

turbo800

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'15 Viper MTX 162 LE w/ MPI 180 turbo
What brand/model of skis is everyone going to run on their Viper MTX's?

I'm gonna try these Slydog 8" Powder Hounds, picked them up used. I've read through several ski reviews and the Powder Hound and the Poo Gripper ski seemed to rate among the highest. The most comparable review was on a M1100T. I thought about giving the new SLP Mohawk a try, but the $550 bill and aggressiveness turned me away!

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367051

Comparison of a skinny Ski-Doo ski off of a ZX chassis, but sitting on a REV chassis:

20140812_093117_zpslyoyxndd.jpg

20140814_222127_zpshwccvehc.jpg

I kinda dig the Dovetail (narrow at the top & wide at the bottom) keel design!

20140814_222218_zpsplamuta4.jpg

Last edited:

Ran Poo Grippers on my 2014 M8 and really liked them. Originally I had Powder Pros but they were too aggresive and made the sled steer like a tank. On the Viper we put old school Camoplast All Terrain skis, some modification needed (drill bolt hole and space skis over). The Camoplast All Terrain are like the Poo Grippers but blow molded and cheaper, and I spaced so we are now at 37 inch wide. This year both our Vipers have them. Best part is $209.00 delivered to your door. But if you are not comfortable with mods the Poo Grippers are great in my opinion.

Camoplast All-Terrain Skis, Mount Kit & 6 Inch Carbides Arctic Cat Firecat F5 M6

Ill be running the Black and blue 7" Powder Hound here in the picture. I ran them on my M7 last year and really licked them
picture.php

Might try curve not sure yet gonna look for a deal at haydays

I'm gonna try white Blade -skis :) I have heard that work at least Proclimb -chassis..

Might try curve not sure yet gonna look for a deal at haydays

I've heard of them, but don't know anything of them or anybody that runs them. Keep us posted...

I've heard of them, but don't know anything of them or anybody that runs them. Keep us posted...
Let ya know as soon as it snows I have heard good things and nothing negative so I will be trying them

have not seen too many mountain guys running curves mountain ski. I do run curve xs on my apex and they are almost as good in the powder when off trailing as the apex mountain skis. the mountain skis do turn better in loose conditions but are harder to turn when trails are good. I really like them and am on my 2nd set. have not seen anyone try them on a viper yet though,

In the latest edition of Snowtech Mag (mine showed up yesterday), it states that all the new '15 Vipers will be receiving the new "Tuner" ski except for the MTX models. It is supposed to have a 5mm deeper keel and be a more responsive ski.

My ? is, why exclude the MTX models from this upgrade???

20140821_220129-1-1_zpsrvsvwsll.jpg

Last edited:
have not seen too many mountain guys running curves mountain ski. I do run curve xs on my apex and they are almost as good in the powder when off trailing as the apex mountain skis. the mountain skis do turn better in loose conditions but are harder to turn when trails are good. I really like them and am on my 2nd set. have not seen anyone try them on a viper yet though,

Ricky at OFT used Curve skis on his old Nytro. I'm pretty sure he ran them on his Viper, maybe he'll chime in.

http://oftracing.com/OnlineStore15/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35&products_id=126

A few photos of my blade skis. These skis profile has almost same than SLP Powder Pro, but not too agressive.

It just hit me, these are BRP Lynx skis. When you said Blade, all I could think of was skis off a Blade snowmobile made by Fast.

They remind me of a combination of C&A Pro ski and SLP Powder Pro's :)

IMG_20140823_172627395.jpg
Picked up a pair of lightly used curve xs for a good deal at Princeton grass drags today IMG_20140823_172627395.jpg Picked up a set of lightly u
IMG_20140823_172627395.jpg

Back