• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Standard FX nitro suspension

snodwg

I have put a little over 1100 miles on my standard FX Nitro. I added slydog skis with studboy shaper bars. I have the sled corning pretty well, but the rear suspension has my confused. I have the front limiter strap pulled down to the 2nd hole from the bottom, the front skid shock has about 1/2 inch of threads showing, the rear shock I have the clicker at #4 from the softest and the springs on heavy. I am about 250 with gear on. The sled just doesnt seem to absorb any stutter bumps and then over the bigger moguls it bottoms out. I have had a couple friends that ride skidoo ask me how I can even ride this thing it is so stiff. My question after all that is has anyone figured this rear suspension out. I just dont get how it can ride so rough yet bottom out all the time. Any advice/help would be great.

loosen front track spring till no threads showing,,,,even then its a bit tight after pulling up two holes. The rear shock needs a little revalve but do spring first......add Ulmer coupling blocks also, helps a bit with bottoming.

i have my standard fx set up with the front and rear strapes pulled down two holes from the stock and all the preload off the front track shock,rear spring at med with a couple clicks more compression and it rides and handles excellant. i way 210 geared up, very seldom do i bottom out, good luck

I'm 250+ gear.. I have the front limiter set at hole number number three. The rear springs on hard. The rear shock compression on full hard back 4. The ski-shocks compression on 10 and rebound at 3 click from full out.. In the last few hundred miles it it working awesome in the stutters. Oh and my front spring is on what it got shipped with.. I think really depends on how far apart the stutters are and deep they are. I drove a new 800Xp.. and I didn't feel it took the bumps any better then my sled. I do feel like the sled overall is getting better and better the more the miles pile on with the exception of the front A-arm bushings/ball joints and maybe the bulkhead.

Back