• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Star skid relocation kit question

Mr.Black

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro RTX
So I just received the Star relocation kit for my 2008 Nytro RTX and the rear bracket looks a lot different than the one Grizz had in his install thread. Does anyone know if they changed the rear bracket design?
20160122_125916_HDR[1].jpg

I contacted Star and they said they redesigned the rear bracket so it fits inside the tunnel
Plaque 128 1 gen 2 anglais.jpg
20151111-121-136 1e gen anglais (1).jpg

That's good news as the old one for the 2008 nytro's was kinda ugly compared to the bracket for the '09+

Looking at doing this next season with a 1.6" ice cobra.

That's good news as the old one for the 2008 nytro's was kinda ugly compared to the bracket for the '09+

Looking at doing this next season with a 1.6" ice cobra.
Thinking of the exact same combo for next year as well. I'm excited to try the 128 with the 1.6 ice cobra

Yeah I was going to go with the 1.6 ice cobra but I found a 1.352 cobra for $200 so maybe next time.

I have heard the rubber compound on the 1.325 cobra breaks down quickly causing the knobs/paddles to roll over under load???

I have heard the rubber compound on the 1.325 cobra breaks down quickly causing the knobs/paddles to roll over under load???
I've heard that too. I look at it this way. If I am buying tires for a sports car, the ones that stick to the road and more times than not perform the best will not last the longest. It's a trade off. Better performing track won't last as long, long lasting track will not perform as well.

I would do some more reading on the cobra track....lots of people like it for off trail but say it's nowhere near as good on hard pack. Probably one of the better "well rounded" tracks is the ripsaw 2.

I ended up with this kit as well. I'm confused how many rivets do I have to use on it? Is it made to have 1 rivet in each of the circular areas or is that not enough?

SmXYDDz.png

Back