• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

stock for stock apex vs nytro mountain

yamiman

Extreme
Im in the market to finally go 4 stroke and am having troubles on deciding to go apex mountain or nytro mtx. I will be keeping the sled stock, stock in meaning no turbo or charger. My type of riding is in cooke city MT with climbing and tight tree riding. I did however get to ride my friends nytro, I thougt it was quite fun with lots of low end but after that seemed kind of weak, obviously not broke in. My main question is will these two trade highmarks and do they handle similiar?

i'm a recent owner of a nytro mtx, i went from a viper with a 144 to this sled.. hands down this sled boondocks with the best of them.. as far as hill climbing it suprised alot of people, it had great torq which was helpful but i know the track speed could have been imroved. if i would have had the time i would have bought a couple extra gears to play with along with maybe some clutch weights.. i would say the nytro myself bc out of the crate its alot lighter and also you dont have much to do to get it to the apex hp. just a thought

Stock for Stock is will not out climb an Apex. Its unrealistic to think it would.

The stock track is garbage, especially for climbing, but thats the case for the Apex too as it comes with the Maverick.

With good Camoplast Challenger track and a broken in motor, you'll climb similar to an 800 2 stroke.

Skills, snow, track size, will all determine who will get the high mark then.

I'd recommend the Nytro as with a few mods, you can probably get close the highmarks of a stock Apex.

162" track, full exhaust, etc...

I have rode the nytro a little bit, but would definately not trade my apex for it,once you put some miles on an apex you will love the handling and carving,just takes a few rides to get used too.

Back