• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock Seat vs. Mountain Mod Nytro Seat

Squish

Does anyone know the weight of the stock Nytro seat? I'm thinking of putting one on a Nytro, as it weighs only 6.5 pounds (a big savings compared to the seat off my RMK, but I'd guess the nytro is lighter). But I'd like to know what the Nytro seat weighs since I dont have one to compare?

Anyone made the change to the Mountain Mod seat? Is it worth it?

The Mountain Mod seat is higher and thats about it. There isn't any real weight savings. They do make a cover that goes over the stock seat that looks awesome. Thats the route I'm going.

Saskaboy said:
There isn't any real weight savings.

...true for the most part when they're dry...stocker holds plenty of water, and the foam isn't the best.

Mountain Mod seat was worth it to me...taller, lighter on the mountain, scalloped/contoured where your legs also...very nice piece of work...

So the Nytro seat is still the old school foam that holds water? I thought they would have quit using that stuff by now.

Nikolai said:
I've weighed my stock seat after riding and the water weight gain is minimal.

Thanks for the info. How cold was it when you were riding? We often ride up and then down in the rain and or mist... so everything gets wet.

Back