• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summit Gore-Tex® Jacket by Reima

I had a Reima Jacket paid a fortune for it...I ice fish alot and I was cold alot...The Reima jacket was good when I was riding and moving but when I stopped for any length of time I got cold fast...Sold the jacket!!!

I have a remia pullover and love it. And my wife has a Remia warrior, she said that it is the warmest jacked she has ever had!

I was told by a salesman that the key to keeping warm with Gortex jackets/bibs is you should wear proper breatheable underwear that wicks away moisture. So, I spent the extra $$ on the underwear and don't get cold. I really didn't get cold before either.

I have the Reima Pullover (basicly just a gore tex shell). With a good moisture wicking undergarmet such as underarmor cold wear and a polar-tech fleece liner (I use my Yamaha FXR Team jacket liner); I stay warm even at -30F.

Jim

Attachments

• Jim 01-03-06.jpg
    Jim 01-03-06.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 151
bought the yamaha gore tex avalanche.....same seller i think....awesome coat, just remember to layer up a little underneath it when its reallly cold.

I don't have that specific Reima but mine is also quite thin however surprisingly it is quite wind proof and keeps me fairly warm. I'll generally wear a sweatshirt under it and if it's real cold a light windbreaker as well. I've ridden on some bitter cold days and the torso has never been the problem it's either the hands or the feet or both ;)!

Convert said:
Jim not only do we have the same sled we have the same jacket :Rockon:

Steve, good lookin' sled in your avitar ;)! . You're still holding on to that clear windshield though. Where's the :bling though? Anybody know who this is (looks like a Reima Jacket)? Hint; it's pulled out of the 1st McCall, Idaho ride archives.

Jim

Attachments

• 100_0146.jpg
    100_0146.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 143
the point of most reima and klim jackets os to breathe and block out wind and moisture. if your sitting in a shack you will freeze, they dont have the insulation for it. for sledding, its perfect. i get cold easy and usually wear a t-shirt, fleece pullover, tek vest and then an uninsulated reima race pullover. i stay plenty warm unless its lower single digits or on a really long railroad grade. for those conditions i wear an insulated reima premier jacket.

I am thinking about the Yamaha avalanch by reima, but worry it will be like my cold wave coat. Ya it breaths and is not wind proof at all I mean i can feel the breeze suck the BTU's right out of me.

I may pass, as I want a really warm coat not another "Breathable " coat to freeze in

Yamadoo

Back