• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Super Shield pics

vector06 said:
I'll stick with my tall....

100_2049.jpg

X2 I like this one better...

yamahinn03 said:
vector06 said:
I'll stick with my tall....

100_2049.jpg

X2 I like this one better...

I like the colors to match the sled. The windshield at that height would flow air right at my chest / neck area. Not good for me. But looks great on your sled. :Rockon: I have always been called a puss because I have had windshields on my Harley's also. But I never have bugs in my teeth when I arrive at my destination :jump:

I order mine last Monday...got a call from the Dealer yesterday...back ordered until mid March. :o|

T Bone, are you looking over the windshield or through it? Also, how tall are you. I am 6' and would like to look over it, if possible. This sled is a stone cold ride.

I have a couple questions for those with the Super Shield.

Have you tried a factory cover with it? Does it fit right?

I want to get rid of the brush guards/hand deflectors. Would the Super Shield and Deflector kit provide enough wind protection without them?

Thanks!

Vetor, can yo u tell me how tall your shield is? The SS is 14" and the other one is 10". I want wind protection, but I want to look over the shield, not through it.

Boston RX1 said:
T Bone, are you looking over the windshield or through it? Also, how tall are you. I am 6' and would like to look over it, if possible. This sled is a stone cold ride.

I am the same height and can see over it or bend down slightly and see through it. Either way it works.

Outlander said:
I have a couple questions for those with the Super Shield.

Have you tried a factory cover with it? Does it fit right?

I want to get rid of the brush guards/hand deflectors. Would the Super Shield and Deflector kit provide enough wind protection without them?

Thanks!

I have the deluxe cover and it fits over the super shield. The shield does provide wind protection without brush guards also.

It could be a Yamaha Canada thing...keeps customers disgruntled.

Grimm said:
It could be a Yamaha Canada thing...keeps customers disgruntled.

I thought being disgruntled was just the Canadien way of life.

In any case, hope is on the way to somewhere up there. Fix Power Sports in Byron, Minnesota had four of these windshields in stock and for sale on eBay. They shipped them all to a Yamaha dealership north of the border this morning.

You could always contact them to inquire what dealership they're going to.

WOW! holy #$%&* That thing is big! Whats total height from the ground? like 5 feet? Definatley not for me, but glad you like it. Thanks for posting the pics so we could see what it looks like. ;)!

Back