• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension a Bit Too Stiff

Bigblue1

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder RTX-LE
Apex SE
Got out on my first long ride with the FX. All the adjustments you guys suggested regarding the strap, torsion spring etc. worked great! Sled handles relatively flat with a slight push at speed in the corners, but I think a good set of carbides and/or skis will fix that. Made various dampening adjustments throughout the day which helped somewhat. Still have some room there. However, this thing is very stiff on the studder bumps at high speeds. I noticed the springs were drawn full tight on the front skis. Most pictures I've seen show this setting(GYTR Shocks) from the factory as well. Should n't those be half way so the spring actually works? Will this soften it a bit? I just do not want to make too many adjustments now that it is cornering safely. Need help here. I can trail ride like banshee but I put a premium on everthing being dialed in and working safely.

The front springs dont have but a few turns before the springs are loose when fully extended. I believe the harshness is in the middle shock. Im going to back off the spring pre-load a few turns and see if that helps the harshness in the stutters....

I know that it has been said that the skid springs and shocks will break in over the course of the first 300 miles or so. I know the back end bounces on me now, but I'm not going to play with it much until that rear skid is broken in and settled down. Then I'll play with it a bit more.

I think gormleyflyer2002 answered alot of my questions. Check it out!

Back