• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

suspensionproblem

littleredsled

Extreme
before i dropped out the suspension on my apex rtx everything was fine and dandy i dropped it changes the slides forgot about the dam littel cable and broke it but after i put it all in now everytime you hit the throttle the #*$&@ end just goes down and ats making me mad i never touched the shock or anything what might be the problem here did the cable thought out the clicker or does the shock maybe need revalving or maybe the trasfer rod ?

this one is still mono shock by the way

Well what else did you play with, besides just the cable?

That will make your problem short and sweet.

As a side note, you cant change shock postion like a pro action, so that isnt the problem.

What about your limiter straps? Your soposed to drop them when your removing the skid, did you put them back in?

Ya, you have to make sure you set the dial to the stiffest position before removing, or else things get mixxed up.

Im not exactly sure what how to bring the adjuster back to the same, but I would just try to reposition the 4 sided shaft in differently then the way you take it out.

Some people have done this before and maybe will chime in

i did the same thing on my ER last year and broke the cable and $40. later put it back in making sure to set up the adjuster right, except i didnt undue the limiter strap top put it back in. if i remember right you have to turn the shock adjuster all the way one way and then the knob all the way the oppisit way to time it again but someone please correct me if im wrong(mostly likey iam lol)

06apexrtx said:
i did the same thing on my ER last year and broke the cable and $40. later put it back in making sure to set up the adjuster right, except i didnt undue the limiter strap top put it back in. if i remember right you have to turn the shock adjuster all the way one way and then the knob all the way the oppisit way to time it again but someone please correct me if im wrong(mostly likey iam lol)

That's right, do a search, but as I remember turn the R.A. to full hard, then turn the square in the shock the opposite direction you turned the R.A. adjuster, (there is a gear that reverses the rotation inside the R.A.) then reinstall the cable (probably need a new one as the old will be trashed). It needs to be in the direction of hard a if you go to the soft side there are two of three clicks that don’t change anything and you will lose them. A hint, pull the three bolts that hold the R.A. to the tunnel next time you remove the suspension. Also no need to remove any limiter straps, just pull the rear bolt on the transfer rod, this will help align the rear skid bolts, then have someone sit on the sled (compress it) and the transfer rod will line right up. No swearing or throwing anything needed.

That is correct. To replace cable, Remote knob to full hard,(counterclockwise), and take small screwdriver to shock and turn it full hard, (clockwise). Note that they are opposite but that is the way its done.

Back