• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tallest seat for RX1

jaykato

Does anyone know what seat is the tallest, firmest seat available for an RX1 (OEM Apex seat, Boss, Mountain Mod, etc.)?

steve 05 RX-1, you seem to have a similar setup as me. Right now I have a 5 inch. rox riser with a pastrana bend (tallest rise) protaper handlebar. I moved the bars to almost vertical from the stem, and love how it handles when I can get up on the tank and use my leverage on the bars. I have a stuffed seat right now, 6 inches, and its just too low when compressed for my 6'4 frame. I want a seat thats high enough to ride with my feet below me, not in the front foot holds, and not feel like I am in a catcher's crouch. Ideally, I want the closest to a sno-x or the so-called "ditch banger" setup for my rx1 as possible. Think I got there with my bars, now I just need the seat. I think I'll go over to my local Yamaha dealer and try out the Apex feel.

Thanks Again

What youll notice on the apex is you sink into the seat quite a bit.Apex has a softer foam density.Sit on a nitro as well(same basic seat but firmer foam) and you will notice the difference.Apex MOUNTAIN has the firm foam as well but requires rewiring because the connectors are different from the rx1.

Im 6' tall myself the transision from sitting to standing is much easier with the taller seat.

Also the nitro seat has the correct plugins for the rx1 so you wont have to do any rewireing.

Being 6'2" myself, I found that after a day of riding my Vector hard, I found that my knees were quite sore at the end of the day. I too like to tuck my feet under my body so I can quickly stand up and absord the bumps.

I purchased a Mountain Mod seat this past summer and installed it and what an awesome difference it is. When sitting and my feet are in the footholds, my knees are actually slightly lower than my hips. I can now tuck in my legs and ride hard without the discomfort as before with the stock seat. The seat is much taller (even more than that of the Nytro seat, I measured), firmer, and comfortable for long rides as well. I certainly noticed the increased wind and am subsequently colder in the hands, but nothing that my hand warmers can't handle.

The Mountain Mod seat also uses stock hardware, but you must transfer over your wiring, tailight, mounting hardware and heat shielding. A great upgrade to us larger riders. ;)!

The mountain mod seat looks awesome, too bad it is so pricey. Looking at the pics on their website, the mountain mod seems to be about what I am looking for. Grimm, from what you described the mountain mod seat's riding position seems to be right on the money and our height difference is negligible. Any ideas on how to get them for less than $750 CAD? Also, all of the OEM hardware will mount up correctly (i.e. taillight)?

Thanks for the help everyone.

BOSS will build you whatever you want in terms of height and firmness. Great quality and a fair price. If you order now it'll be a month atleast before you get it though :~(

Boss Seat Heat

steve 05 RX-1 said:
Apex mountain or nitro seat is the firmest of the factory oem seats.They look to be taller than the rx1 boss seats as well.

If you decide to go with the new Boss High Rise Seat. Please read my post from earlier today. My seat is burning up from the heat from the muffler.

I absolutely love how I sit high on the machine, but I am seriously worried about the heat....it's hot!!!!...and Boss had real no solution for em...They have a law suit coming if they don't figure this thing out...somebodies sled. house ot trailer is going to burn....it's that hot!

Ohiorider, I hear ya with that heat deal. Of course if it doesn't melt my seat it'll be a welcome amount of warmth when it dips below zero (went riding around Madawaska, ME last weekend, -10F throughout the day made my seat a little chilly). Anyone have the pic of the highrise on their RX1? Boss' site is a little thin for pics, be cool to see what my options are. Hopefully they figure out why their seats are super hot if I end up with a Boss! Also anyone have pics of the mountain mod seat as well? Boss may be the way I'm leaning because it'll save me some green.

Sorry jaykato, I don't have any connections on how to get a deal on it. When you call Murray at Mountain Mod, ask if he can give you discount on shipping. Other than that, can't help you there. That's the price of sledding eh.

Yes, the taillight assembly hooks right up, no problemo.

jaykato said:
steve 05 RX-1, you seem to have a similar setup as me. Right now I have a 5 inch. rox riser with a pastrana bend (tallest rise) protaper handlebar. I moved the bars to almost vertical from the stem, and love how it handles when I can get up on the tank and use my leverage on the bars. I have a stuffed seat right now, 6 inches, and its just too low when compressed for my 6'4 frame. I want a seat thats high enough to ride with my feet below me, not in the front foot holds, and not feel like I am in a catcher's crouch. Ideally, I want the closest to a sno-x or the so-called "ditch banger" setup for my rx1 as possible. Think I got there with my bars, now I just need the seat. I think I'll go over to my local Yamaha dealer and try out the Apex feel.

Thanks Again

I'm 6'-6" Eventually, I went with the Nytro seat. Have-a-squat on a Nytro, I think you'll like it.

jaykato, here is a pic of my sled with the Mountain Mod seat on:

Attachments

• t_sled3_485.jpg
    t_sled3_485.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 551
Hey Grimm I really like the looks of that seat. Ive been looking for a way to get a little more leg room, do ya by chance have the web address for Mountain Mod I tried doing a search and came up empty handed. Also how tall of a riser is that, looks sweet. :Rockon:

Back