• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Talon 45 track

Janne339

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
2021 Sidewinder LTX GT
Anyone running the Composit Talon 45 track? Looks nice but how is the quality?

Unfortunately for me, I have one, and the quality is terrible. Junk terrible.
My buddy already blew one off his turbo renegade, and his son and I both have one on our turbo sleds, and they are failing badly. We both had a terrible feeling about these tracks while drilling holes for studs.
Some holes would cut thru hard, some normal, and many others, just like a hot knife thru butter. Very inconsistent material.
They might be ok for sleds under 150 HP that aren,t studded, but did not hold up at all on my 2013 Arctic Cat turbo, or his doo turbo sled. 3 crappy ones in our group of 3 that put them on isn,t very good odds. And of course, because it is studded, zero warranty. IF you are brave enough to try one, your luck may vary.

my buddy and i both run it and its awesome....couldnt be happier, hooks up all the time and mines wearing virtually not at all i will be buying another

I looked at the composit brand, but after seeing the shinny brittle plastic looking rubber i decided to stick with a company thats been doing it a little longer

I looked at the composit brand, but after seeing the shinny brittle plastic looking rubber i decided to stick with a company thats been doing it a little longer
Not sure what track your looking at but this is not brittle or shiny...infact it has a much better compound then camso tracks...having owned both, hard pressed to break one of these lugs off they are nice inbetween stiff and soft to get a good bite unlike a fairly common failure rate that bigger lug camsos have.

Ive put 3000 miles on this track and its amazing, i ride hard and on low snow, lots of road crossing and wheelies, water, slush tons of stuff and it is wearing WAY better then my rip saw did.

6XS9mAO.jpg

Thanks for the answers!

I choose between the Camso BackcountryX and Talon 45.

3000 miles..dont mind the dirt, virtually no wear

7DISz2u.jpg

I have their pre studded track on my 02 Viper and put over 1000 miles on it last winter. Hooks up great and still looks new, no signs of wear.

I noticed that in most of the pictures of the Talon tracks, they are not studded.
The ones me and my 2 buddies have had issues with, are studded, and on turbo sleds.
Like I mentioned, might be ok without studs, but ours definitely get torn apart with a turbo, with studs.
One of them blew off, at over 100 mph. Not a pretty site, or great feeling being on that sled when that happens.
And hopefully you don,t need brakes, for a 1/2 mile, or so.

I'm running MCX 270 in my Viper... ;)!

No studs!
I have not decided yet. Talon 45 or backcountry x

Any pictures of the failed track..or failing tracks? If be interested to see why, seeing composit is 2 ply over the camso that's usually 1 ply....I did a lot of research before I went with composit and I didn't see anyone say anything negative...snowtrax likes them, and guys I follow on instagram who Snowcross say they outlast any other track. Just curious is all, I plan to get a sidewinder next year and I can't see buying another track then the talon 45....this thing hooks up like no other track I've used

Savageman, did you have any clearance issues, or does that track just slide in? Did you have to remove the tunnel protectors? Did you happen to notice if that track is available pre-studded? Thanks, Kevin.

Savageman, did you have any clearance issues, or does that track just slide in? Did you have to remove the tunnel protectors? Did you happen to notice if that track is available pre-studded? Thanks, Kevin.
track just slides in lots of room...no removal of protectors and no rubbing...i dont believe it come pre studded, i dont run studs dont ride the way it requires them....Everyone was saying the talon 45 wasnt gonna be offered this year but i contacted composit and they said it will be available this season

Last edited:

Back