• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Td powertrail to max spool 17

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Nytro XTX, Hurricane Exhaust, K&N, Pcv, Autotune, Pod300, Star Suspension,
2018 Sidewinder, TD Max Spool 17, CAI, TD 3 Inch Stock Muffler Mod, 3Bar, BOV
Looking for honest opinion if it is worth going from pt cai to ms17. I am aware I will need a few things to step up and sure this has been discussed a million times before but gets of topic easy and the discussion is gone another direction. Looking for reviews from ppl that made the jump.

Thanks

I started back in 2017 with powertrail then jumped into the tune bundle with all the tunes at my disposal. Going from PT to MS17 is 20 hp or 2 more lbs of boost which is a noticeable difference. Quicker spooling and arm stretching power. 91 octane safe. Boost is addicting! Once you run MS17 for a while you'll want MS20.

Thanks. How is the trail manners of ms17? Fuel milage comparable to pt if driven the same way.

I did not run MS 17 but ran Powertrail and eco.. I would think MS17 MIGHT be more sensitive to octane/fuel quality vs Powertrail.. Just a thought not any experience on MS17 yet.

I didn't notice any difference in fuel mileage really. It all depends how hard you push the throttle. If riding normally I don't have any trouble getting 200kms on a tank.

I didn't notice any difference in fuel mileage really. It all depends how hard you push the throttle. If riding normally I don't have any trouble getting 200kms on a tank.
Thanks. How did you find the ms17 on slower twisted trails...40/60mph. Have good trail manners? Realize alot of it is in the clutching (running full td kit)...

Watch center cylinder,???just saying 16 psi and under Is good.

Ms17 is only tune I got, run 90-91 pump fuel no problems. Fuel mileage is very similar to stock. Power wise my arms hurt on 150+ mile days a bit as it does like to pull and you need to hold the reins. Otherwise she’s solid.

Ms17 is only tune I got, run 90-91 pump fuel no problems. Fuel mileage is very similar to stock. Power wise my arms hurt on 150+ mile days a bit as it does like to pull and you need to hold the reins. Otherwise she’s solid.
Thanks for the info!!

Back