• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Temp Light and Shut Down

Vmax4

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 FXNytro MTX 162 SE with a 270 hp MCX Turbo and assorted goodies!
Wondering, if you were to run the phazer for long enough when it was overheating, would it shut itself down? Anyone know at what temp the light comes on? What temp does it shut down, if it does shut down at all?

Just curious

Does it say anything about a shut down mode at a certain temp?

So no shut down if you are running it. Just curious, as I was hoping if I let a friend, who is "mechanically challenged" run the phazer, I was hoping for some sort of fail safe on the over heating..................

Has anyone had there phazer shut off with no warning. Mine did and it started twice as hard as normal. :bling

If its idling and overheats it will shut off, but when your driving it will not shut off. The temp light was on and i didnt realize it and just kept driving, because its always overheating. It started to steam out by my right leg and when i finally stopped the antifreeze was overflowing. So it wont shut off on it own.

So when you are riding when its -15 F outside and you are in a foot to a foot and a half of powder thats overheating conditions. If those arent good conditions than the phazer probably isnt made for snow.

I ordered the fan on monday, but its pretty sad that a company like yamaha didnt put it on in the first place. I dont know why it should be up to the customer to buy the necessary parts to make their snowmobile run right.

I wonder if the reason the base, fx and gt don't come with them is that they are only needed with the larger tracks on the other models. I would think the engine would have to work harder and heat up more.

Not trying to start an argument just speculating on what Yamaha might have been thinking with it. If you need one talk to them. I haven't had any problems yet so unless I do I'm not going to install it. But if it works for you then install it and tell your dealer.

GypsyRoots, it's all good, no worries and I also alpoligize if I seemed a little out of line. We're all friends here.

Actully I may be talking to my dealer about a coolent heater in the near future. I had a hard time gettting it started at -35 C the other day but I did find the battery calbe was loose later so that mgith have had somthing to do with it.

Anyway keep up the good work you seem to know your stuff.

I was wondering if you leave your's idleing will the light come on eventally and shut it down or does the fan move enough air to prevent that?

Attachments

• jan 8th,08 001.JPG
    jan 8th,08 001.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 63
  • jan 8th,08 002.JPG
    jan 8th,08 002.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 60
  • jan 8th,08 003.JPG
    jan 8th,08 003.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 67
  • jan 8th,08 004.JPG
    jan 8th,08 004.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 61
  • jan 8th,08 005.JPG
    jan 8th,08 005.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 58
Northern Minn and Phazered 69 both seem to have real problems with there sleds. I dont live to far and I have probably did most of my riding in the same areas with none of the problems that you are both saying. I would say there are some very good dealers in the state of Minnesota and I wouldnt hesitate to talk to the dealers and get some help with your situations. I dont know the miles or hours you have on your machines but, I havent seen any of the overheating problems. I think we have to give the dealers a chance to do their jobs and provide us with the service that they are capable of! ;)! :yam:

hey rfapro

how about you read all the other posts about people having overheating issues with their phazers and then ask yourself if you think their is an overheating issue. Dont be affraid of the truth buddy! These phazers arent perfect so just accept and quit trying to always stick up for them.

Back