• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thanks for all the help

Nytros Rule,

I think you could say that about all the sleds. I do know that BOTH my Nytros have had bent subframes and it took little to nothing to do it. Both were fixed under YES so that is a good thing.

I have yet to get a sled that is perfect out of the crate and do not expect I ever will.

After 70 miles all it good on the Ski Doo. I do realize that brand loyalty plays a large part in how others feel. I guess that can be good and bad. I'm not loyal to one or the other I guess.

The 1200 is an excellent sled and its the reason why I own one..... IMO, the XP/XR chassis is the best out there and its the reason why CAT copied it and its the reason why BRP is taking CAT to court over it.

I think the Viper will be an execelent sled if they can fix the AC issues. Yamaha should release a pdf outlining the changes to the drive train and all of the other things they have planed and it would put alot of people at ease. I have heard they have 120 changes that they are implementing to bring the procross chassis up to Yamaha quality.

I wish Chris Reid would come out and say what these changes are that would bring the SR Viper up to par.. There has to be more then just Yamaha Clutches.... The release of this sled could have been alot better if they would have had the details covered that people are looking for... Lots of unanswered questions and people are just left hanging...

I posted this in the Nytro forum but will ask again here. How do they compare power wise??? $1000 cheaper then a viper here to spring order one. Never rode the new Doo and the dealer doesn't have one to demo. $1000 is allot of cash for me. Loved the viper I demoed love my Nytro motor but if the ski door is close in the power category not sure I can justify it. The Rev is supposed to be a hell of a chassis.

I posted this in the Nytro forum but will ask again here. How do they compare power wise??? $1000 cheaper then a viper here to spring order one. Never rode the new Doo and the dealer doesn't have one to demo. $1000 is allot of cash for me. Loved the viper I demoed love my Nytro motor but if the ski door is close in the power category not sure I can justify it. The Rev is supposed to be a hell of a chassis.

I now have 120 miles on my new Ski Doo 1200 and I love it. The thing handles great and rides better than my previous Nytro. I did notice that the it was a little dartie on a freshly groomed trail and I'm not sure how to correct that. All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase. I went back and forth for months. It was a tough decision.

MNUser said:
I did notice that the it was a little dartie on a freshly groomed trail and I'm not sure how to correct that.
Make sure you have about 1/4" toe out on the skiis. Make sure the pre-load on your front sroings isn't too stiff. Try dropping the front of the skid down one hole (limiter strap).

MNUser said:
I now have 120 miles on my new Ski Doo 1200 and I love it. The thing handles great and rides better than my previous Nytro. I did notice that the it was a little dartie on a freshly groomed trail and I'm not sure how to correct that. All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase. I went back and forth for months. It was a tough decision.

Shim the ski.. Problem solved. Make sure the toe is set correctly...

On a ski Doo - shim and limiter strap change?

I thought that was only those yamaha's, I thought all other sleds handled perfect. Well that's what I read on the Internet. LOL. All in jest

Enjoy the new sled

Back