• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

THANKS to Bruce at Pioneer Performance!

Shane

Expert
Website
www.fa.ml.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 YAMAHA VIPER LTX SE
2015 Ski-Doo 800 XRS Renegade
2012 Ski-Doo 600 ace
2010 Ski-Doo 600 e-tec GTX Limited
2007 Polaris Dragon 120
After my second ride this season with the new suspension set up I got from Bruce at Pioneer, making some fine tuning adjustments after consulting Bruce, I cannot begin to tell you just how BETTER my Vector is! Thanks Bruce for your professionalism, time, patience and support! It is much appreciated and my sled's performance proves it! :Rockon: ;)! :flag:

Here's the list:

1. New sway bar
2. Rebuilt and revalved the center shock
3. Ohlins Rear Shock
4. New rear springs (heavier I weigh 225-230)

Unsure of cost. Didn't really keep track. All items are listed on Bruce's website, so you could do your own calculations. Bruce gave me set up specs to use as a baseline and I fine tuned it from there.

My goal was to stop bottoming, improve ride, and soak up the big g-outs that used to be hard hits. Also, I wanted to have more flat cornering. GOAL ATTAINED! I ride relatively aggressive, but do like to cruise as well.

Shane said:
Here's the list:

1. New sway bar
2. Rebuilt and revalved the center shock
3. Ohlins Rear Shock
4. New rear springs (heavier I weigh 225-230)

Unsure of cost. Didn't really keep track. All items are listed on Bruce's website, so you could do your own calculations. Bruce gave me set up specs to use as a baseline and I fine tuned it from there.

My goal was to stop bottoming, improve ride, and soak up the big g-outs that used to be hard hits. Also, I wanted to have more flat cornering. GOAL ATTAINED! I ride relatively aggressive, but do like to cruise as well.

Guess would be $700+.

I also put the Ohlins on the rear and I got it from Pioneer. The sled rides alot better. The stock rear shock was completely gone. If you want a good ride, get rid of the stock shocks and put on the Ohlins.

Vector1 said:
I also put the Ohlins on the rear and I got it from Pioneer. The sled rides alot better. The stock rear shock was completely gone. If you want a good ride, get rid of the stock shocks and put on the Ohlins.

not trying to be a smart aleck, but for the cost of 2 new Ohlins, I can throw in a few more $$ and get an M-10, which I KNOW will ride great!

undecided said:
Vector1 said:

not trying to be a smart aleck, but for the cost of 2 new Ohlins, I can throw in a few more $$ and get an M-10, which I KNOW will ride great
I personally think there are pros and cons to m-10 its great in a straight away and big bumps and stutters, but too tall in the turns and can cause tippyness and I've heard that you are always messing with adjustments on m-10 and its not the best for hook-up or top end...just what I've heard many times and I'm relaying that.

There are choices for the m 10 you can getr fox which need rebuilding avery year you can get ohlins for added money.I also go an ohlin for my rear skid.It rides way better but I also put a 136 kit on.I drove a couple sleds with m10 and I'll just say there not for me.

I also put in the ohlins and revalved shock, There is nothing wrong with this skid other than the shock. It is a cheap old fashioned no high pressure gas shock. I took mine out at 200 miles it has no rebound or compression dampining.
The skid is a copy of what doo, polaris,and cat use.
IT was $500 well spent and I knew I would be replacing that shock when I ordered the sled in march 2004

I thank Bruce also for his time a knowledge even though I bought my shock from local dealer with my yamaha bucks.

pro116 said:
There are choices for the m 10 you can getr fox which need rebuilding avery year you can get ohlins for added money.I also go an ohlin for my rear skid.It rides way better but I also put a 136 kit on.I drove a couple sleds with m10 and I'll just say there not for me.

You must be somebody who rides HARD! M-10 is definitely not for you!

SKIDOZER said:
There is nothing wrong with this skid other than the shock. IT was $500 well spent and I knew I would be replacing that shock when I ordered the sled in march 2004.

I guess I didn't see the part in Yami's brochure that read "the rear skid shock sucks, and plan on spending $500 to replace it. Sorry that we didn't get right the first time".

Sad sad sad. All this technology in a sled and they use a 1980's shock. Shame on you Yamaha!!!!!!!!!! :die

Back