• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

The first 2021 Ski Doo

doc

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Apex , 2013 Apex
So my riding buddy spring ordered a new red / orangish Ski Doo this spring . The dealer said it was here , he picked it up yesterday and the serial number was ~ *********000001
He was super excited about have the first one off the line ...... not so sure myself . It was probably built before the plant shutdown for the crap we’re thinking .
Just had to share , oh and yesterday was his birthday , kind cool .

What motor did he get?

The 850 just like his last one .

Although it’s pretty neat to have a low or unique vin.....there is actually multiple #0001 vins. Doo starts the numbers over for each model. I do NOT know if it changes based on specs within each model as well.

There are plenty of members of TY and DOOTalk that may know exactly what triggers a new start of numbers. The letter prefix is the model.

So your buddy might have the #1 sled of the Renegade XRS 850 package, while another guy gets #1 of the Renegade Adrenaline package. Heck, it may start over for each track length.

Standard protocol is to brag you got a low number before the factory “de-tuned” the rest. SOP for reply is that after the first 50 or so....the factory fixed the problems of the low numbers, and installed the “race,” tune for #51 on up. Please understand, low number vs high number vin arguments can be supplemented with: “#1 to #50 were made on a Monday morning and the tools were not dialed in.” Do not underestimate the power of: “Yeah, but #100 to #200 were made on a Friday afternoon....and they were pushed out the door etc.”.

I like to believe my sleds were removed from the line by guys with white lab coats and clipboards.....and slowly assembled and tested at each step! I’m pretty sure they waved and shed a tear, as mine rolled onto shipping!

(although knowing most factories, it probably fell off the line, and some 18 year old in a white, wife-beater pushed it with a forklift to shipping, laughing so hard he was crying, as it bounced off the machinery.)

Q. Arrius

Meh. It's not like he got the #1 Sheby GT 350 or something.

The birthday timing is cool though.

Back