• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

the truth about nytro

northernguy10

Extreme
I have read lots about the nytro ( thanks totally yamaha ), but after my 06 attak witch a still get moist riding . i have an a chance to buy a 08 nytro that has been stretch to 136" 1.75 . ii need imput from the people that are not satisfied. not using this to bash just every coin has two sides. any help would be greatly appeciated

thanks

I live the power, torque, sound, and reliability if the nytro. On the bad side is weight.
Im so used to throwing it around if I get on a rev i always end up botton up from throwing my weight aroubd to much lol. And im only about 165 with all my snow gear on lol

Was thinking of a machine that I could stretch out and play off trail. I know 2stroke are lighter , but I got use to the 4strke power . Still have trail sled , my 06 attack

I just bought a nytro after selling my apex ltx gt. I put on 200 miles this year with it. It feels great and like a sled that can be played with more so. I was really impressed with how it did off trail(all those miles were off trail)... it was nothing to get to 80mph in the snow, something my apex would never do as it couldn't hook up or get on top of the snow.

If your looking for a sled to play off trail with why not buy a sno x sled. They come with 1.75" tracks and are super light and agile.
You can find a ski doo RS600 or a Arctic cat 600 sno pro for under 5k

I'd say go for it. I have my 08' rtx Nytro to go bash ditches and other rough stuff, and still run my 06' apex if I'm going to head out for hundreds of miles at a time. That's not to say that I haven't driven the Nytro hundreds of miles at a shot but I just prefer the apex as a high mile sled.
As to getting off trail I feel the Nytro, although heavy as said above, it is much better and more mobile off trail than the apex. I also had the chance to demo an Nytro xtx last year and found that to be a nice compromise if I were going to only run one sled that would probably be it, even though that Apex power is so addicting! Good luck,have a safe winter.

Guys I used to ride with would say "You have to be a good mechanic if you drive an 08 Nytro" I did a ton of work to the nytro to get it where it should have been from the factory. The last straw was when ball joints went for the 3rd time and I said"enough is enough". :o|

Just do a search for my posts. I've been very critical of my Nytro but also fair in my comments and assessments. I personally would not recommend a stock '08 unless you plan on doing some upgrades. Even then it is debatable whether aftermarket bolt on front end parts bring the Nytro to a similar level of handling as any off the 600 class competition.

What you can't change is the lack of flickability of the Nytro for riding off trail. It will always be heavier than a 2-stroke, even if you strip a bunch of weight off it. The 2 strokes will always be easier to throw around and lift out of the snow when stuck. A modded Nytro will always be heavier in the front and with the rear exit exhaust design, will also create more ice inside the tunnel making the sled weigh even more.

The plus side is the clutching and belts are bullet proof and the engine is awesome. There is a lot of good in the sled and it makes you want to make it work but you just have to figure out your priorities. If light weight and handling is important to you I'd go with a 2-stroke. If engine reliability is #1, go with a Nytro.

I agree with AKrider. But I'll add that if you do decide you want to go with a nytro, for off-trail riding, I'd look for a MTX. It'll have more track and the narrow front end and would be a lot more fun and easier to ride off trail.

Back