• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking of getting an RX1...have a REV 800 now.

fxdwg

I have owned SkiDoos forever. I have a 2003 REV 800 MXZ. Tired of puttin pistons and rings in the stupid thing. I am ready to get another sled and was wondering how the RX1 is holding up. I am very interested in it. Thanks.

:ORC

Good.....I live about 4 miles from where one of previews is being held ( Ypsilanti ). I will be there.

I went to the one in Traverse City and Yamaha puts on a good show for the demos. Top notch.

I'll pass along the advice I found elsewhere on this forum.

If they have two of the sleds you're looking at try and ride both. They had two RX1s in Traverse City, and my friend rode both. He really didn't like the setup on the blue one, but the black one was perfect.

His quote was "if I only rode the blue one, I wouldn't want one of these, having rode the black one, I know this is my next sled". Another rider prefered the setup of the blue sled.

I would get an '05 or check out the '06 models next week. The '05 models have better seats, suspensions, and many other things to list. Dealers may have some earlier models to discount, but I wouldn't look at them.

stevenknapp said:
His quote was "if I only rode the blue one, I wouldn't want one of these, having rode the black one, I know this is my next sled". Another rider prefered the setup of the blue sled.
Too true! ;)!

While it seems obvious, proper setup for the rider is critical to enjoy the machine. The trick seems to be not to go overboard on the adjustments and don't believe everything you read on the internet, even this forum. :shock:

Answering the original question, both the RX and RS series machines are holding up extremely well compared to their two stroke counterparts. I put 4,500 miles on my '03 RX1 before trading it for my Rage and all I did to the motor was change the oil.

I've only been lucky enough to have two trips with my Rage but in the 730 miles I was able to ride I only had that goofy code 84 TORS issue. There doesn't even seem to be much belt dust under the clutch cover.

The bottom line is the tools and parts I used to carry with me on my sled now stay in the garage where they belong. Winter's too short and time's to precious to be wrenching.

(Yeah, yeah, I know that's blasphemy to all my tooner buddies but they'll get over it.) :moon:

Back