• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking of purchasing a Nytro

The trail tank is a great product to replace the stock tank it has alot more fuel capacity without taking up much space.
this video has alot of good information on what to look for when buying a sled https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzeBh-Ek6mo
I bought a nytro with a bad history hopefully it goes well for you, both those sleds looks pretty solid.

They look like pretty similar sleds based on the mods, the 2013 will have the fixed handwarmers though i believe. and they also did some minor chassis improvements
I would go with that 2013 since hes only asking 100 more, but when you look at it really go over the sled with the knowledge from the video.
Chances are the sled is fine because he is selling two other sleds also, meaning he didnt put it up for sale becuase of an issue with the individual sled, and he is probably more a snowmobile enthusiast who takes care of his stuff .

Last edited:
the first one has some good mods if that's what your looking for....better front shock too....trail tank is super easy to add

I also was wondering about size of tank. I just bought a nytro and have been wondering how far you are usually able to go on a tank?

I also was wondering about size of tank. I just bought a nytro and have been wondering how far you are usually able to go on a tank?
I trail ride and get 15mpg consistently. So 100 miles to the tank.

I plan on about 100miles and got 110 before my buddy ran out so we filled both sleds from the doo LinQ can I keep on back for piece of mind... This is pretty good as that is all I planned for mileage with my fusion that has a 40l tank...

Looks like both are good options and close enough to view. The 2011 is nice with the add ons but the 13 will have the latest factory updates, a better track and skis, a tunnel cooler but so so front shocks. Either way would be a good choice, the extended warranty will never be needed so I don't think that's a selling point. The Nytro motor will go forever without much more than yearly oil changes but wearables within the chassis will need more attention. Fuel range on the stock Nytro will easily get you to 80 miles which I find is when all sleds start looking for fuel, you will be empty at 105 miles in my experience. I like the trail tank for extending range and fuel capacity in lieu of saddle bags.

My list of must do MODs (beware it's addicting on these sleds):
Mountaintech full skid plate
OFT steering relocate
OFT Rollover valve and tether
Oilite A-arm bushings

Both of those above mentioned sleds sold guys.

Here is one more that is closer to me

http://duluth.craigslist.org/snw/4856238284.html

Keep in mind i'm coming for a '11 ski-doo XRS 800. Had it for 7500 miles and stuff just started wearing out/breaking. Stator issues etc. I also think the MAG crank bearing was letting go. Went through 3 recoils last year!

I don't know if i'm sold on a Nytro or not, but i want to test the waters with other brands and styles of sleds. That's why i'm looking at a Nytro.

If you get nytro and send shocks out to reputable company (I use hygear) who has a shock Dyno to get your shocks dead on and knows where to spring and valve them I think you may even with slight other changes like the nytro more than the doo

If you get nytro and send shocks out to reputable company (I use hygear) who has a shock Dyno to get your shocks dead on and knows where to spring and valve them I think you may even with slight other changes like the nytro more than the doo

That would definitely be in the budget. I'm just ready to try out a 4stroke. I tested out the yamacat last year and really liked the motor, but i don't wanna drop $9k bills on a sled like i did with my XRS....With the amount of miles i put on i want a sled that will last.

For the remainder of the current season I'd probably ride it stock. At the very least i'd probably do the steering relocate.

I have Pilot 6.9's to install immediately from previous sled.

I am looking at moving to a Viper XTX from my 08 Nytro RTX Anniversary edition, all the mods are done-- shocks, rear suspension kit to 129 w/cobra track, front JRE proto 3 spindles, oil Lite bushings, KNs, Aaen Header, PCV, steering relocate kit, Mountaintech skid plate, I have extra rear shocks that are all re-valved by Hygear, tuner skis with brand new carbides- 4/6, new starter solenoid and all relays under the hood changed to the red relays, roll over kit and I have just over 7000 miles in it without a problem. Just looking for something new to go to and mess with. Just came back from the UP last weekend and this sled rocks on the trails and super reliable as I have taken all precautions prior. If you are interested shoot me a PM.

You will not be disappointed with the Nytro XTX. One thing to remember it is a heavier sled but it is very capable. I have had more fun on my XTX than any other sled. Thats why i'm having a hard time letting go even though the wife said i could buy a new one LOL. The biggest thing is to actually spend the time and set the sled up to you and your riding style.

I picked up a 13xtx leftover last year and couldn't be happier coming off a 06 Apex. A few tweaks and it rides and handles great. Awesome acceleration too!!

Back