• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Those with Ohlins

jack700

Country
USA
Hello, I have Ohlins front and back on a 04 Warrior. Fronts have clicker dial. Rear shock has a 14mm knob but does not click. Just turns. It is currently all the way clockwise. Can someone give me a base line on where to set these? I cannot find any information on these shocks. How many clicks on the front? How many turns on the rear? Thanks!

Ohlins usually have 20 clicks soft to hard. Clockwise all the way should be stiffest 20 clicks counter clockwise is full soft. If the rear shock doesn't click I would guess time to rebuild. That shock should have 20 to 22 clicks same as fronts. I always start at 10 clicks. That should be close to base line.

The rear shock is mint with only 2500 miles. It doesn't have the plastic knobs like the fronts. Has a metal hex head on a disk. No markings on it. When I turn it counter clockwise is has resistance. But no clicking. Interesting.

you might have to look up race shocks on how to adjust the rear. i put those same shocks on my 05 war and i might have the manual around still but it has been awhile.

these guys are right on. If I was to guess without a pic your rear is not adjustable. The knob or bolt like thing you describe, does it have a spot for a small screwdriver in the center of it? I always used a dime and ohlin makes a special key to fit it also. If not that’s just the bolt for service. It’s all the way clockwise because it’s tightened down and not meant to be moved. For adjustable ones it will have a resivoir with a small screwdriver slot in the middle of that bolt.

Hello, yes it does have a small flat head screwdriver plug in the center of the big hex head. So that is the adjustment. I didn't mess with that yet. I will check it out in the morning. Thanks

Back