• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Time to fix up the sled, new track among other things

Just spoke with the Timbersled guys and from the sound of it my measurements are correct.

Also they suggested adding air to the forward track shock as this will lighten up the skis. I was taking air out of it, making the situation worse, but also lowering the back shock pressure kind of neutralized the effects.

the small suspension changes make it ride absolutely wonderful!

Their instructions suggest that with no swaybar you should run the front springs all the way stiff, or close to it. I had mine about 3/4 to 7/8 all the way down on the preload.
For the rear shock settings they suggest 95 in the front and 140 in the rear. Just for reference i weigh about 170.

I reduced the front spring preload to about halfway in the threads.
I also ran the rear shock at 120 psi and have 2 rides on it like this.

much, much better. I still want to raise the mount in the tunnel 1" but these small changes made a world of difference and the sled was fun to ride again.

Unfortunately... i hit a tree and tore the A-arm out of the bulkhead, so its time for major repairs.
Im going to send the A-arms back to timbersled to see if they are tweaked, but from a rough eyeball measurement they look fine. I figure i might as well, the sled is going to be down for a while. :(

Back