• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best/easiest skid swap - 162 Nytro MTX

BCgee

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro MTX
Looking for advice and experiences in doing a skid swap for a 2008 Nytro MTX 40th anniversary.

The sled is a 154 with Hartmann tunnel and rail extensions to 162 and a pretty new Camoplast Extreme 162 x 15 x 2.5 track. Part of the interest in a skid swap is dropping weight, the other part is my rails up front are dinged in a few spots exacerbating the annual burn through of hyfax and should be replaced anyway. I also intend to add an MCX 190 kit, so thinking "in for an inch, in for a mile". I've read a variety of threads about Skidoo, Polaris, and AC swaps but haven't seen something boil down and compare/contrast what is the most simple swap while allowing use of an existing good CE track.

My primary use is boondocking and ski access with mix of groomed/marginal trails inevitably at the start.

What skid swap is easiest/most turn key, drops weight, works with modest turbo, and would allow me to continue using my CE 162 track? Please educate me.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions and experience.

Easiest and lightest swap is the pro rmk 155 skid in the nytro 162 track. Very good skid you might need a coupler though with the turbo. The skid was pretty much a bolt in. there is a thread on ty4 somewhere about doing it.

Back