• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tool Kit

LeeKo

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Does anyone else carry a real tool kit? I guess 27 years of sledding makes you prepare a little more for stuff to break on the trail.

Attachments

• toolkit.jpg
    toolkit.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 218

Oh yeah! I have the same tool roll with virtually identical contents. Mine is around 10 yrs. old and shows some wear. Best one I have owned though. I can't leave home without the thing LOL!!

Haven't had to worry about a tool kit since I switched to Yamaha. Couldn't fix much of anything on my sled even if something did break.

LeeKo said:
Does anyone else carry a real tool kit? I guess 27 years of sledding makes you prepare a little more for stuff to break on the trail.

Excellent idea!!!!

Or just ride with Arteeex. He carries an entire mechanic's garage with him whereever he rides......

BTW, It looks like your missing duct tape and bailing wire......... LaLaLa

Mike

:jump: :jump: :jump:

looks like the same tools I carry...except I have a roll of gorrila tape, and a bunch of zip ties. 20 oz of anti freeze too, almost straight anti freeze...cause someone almost always has some water with them.

If you look closer you will see I have a mini-roll of duct tape. Did you notice I carry an extra limiter strap and a bag of bolts and washers for my XTX too? Bad limiter strap design...

I also have found one of the most useful tools to be a headlamp and a Leatherman that I keep in my pocket.

Looks good! The only time I've ever opened my tool kit on a ride was on it's first trip out back in '04 when I turned the torsion cams up. ;)!

Look like mine except I carry a lot of zip ties. LOL

I need to put together two "real" tool sets, one like I used to carry in my truck before car seats were necessary in the back cab, and one the back for my Yamaha.

Truck had full 1/4, 3/8, and a 1/2 drive socket sets. 3/8 and 1/2 torque wrenches, Long breaker bar for the trailer and truck tires, and a small floor jack (aluminum). Always nice to have a fiew cribbage blocks for either wheel chocks or for the jack. Jumpers, open/box end wrenches from 1/4 up to 1-1/4". Basically had a small gang box with all the goodies from tapes, glues, wiring accessories, wire strippers, side cutters, vice grips, 420,430,440 and even 460 channel locks, small air nurse tank for low tires, electric 1/2 drive impact, and much more.

On the sled, I would like to add needle nose pliers, both straight and angled for those clips on the air and colant hoses amongst other uses.

Next year with a new trailer, these things are way up on my summer to do list, no more days of runnin down tails with no more than a roll of electrical tape, leatherman, sharp knige, zip ties, fuses, tow strap with chackles and all the other normal things too.

I really like all the storage options that my apex has, especially in comparison to my old 94 T-cat.

I have the windshield bag for the Apex LTX GT, which as long as you make sure that you install the velcro on a WARM gauge cluster and get the sticky backing nice and hot so it actually adheres properly, it is a great for storing cameras, knit hat, clean microfiber tower for visor and other knick knacks that no longer have to be in your riding coat.

I dont see myself getting the nose bag, but I certainly like the stotrage space that that area provides, especially for the tow starap and any little things I buy along the trip. Even the trunk is much bigger than Im used to, it actually keeps most weather out and keeps things warm too. I dont have to use freezer bags and a towell on top of everything under that velcro flap to keep frost/snow/water/cold out that Im used to on that old cat!

I still believe that you can never have enough tools on a sleddin trip, but I hope with my new yamaha, I dont have to use them unless its to help out other sledders if needed, which Im always checking to see if I can help anyone with a hood up, even if its just to help out with directions and maps!

I don't know if these may be called tools but I carry a foldup shovel,High Jacker jack, Warn Sno Winch,50 tow rope,siphon hose and container,extra heated shield wiring,gaunlets,hand warmer packs (used some recently for friends wife),jumper cables,spare fuses, 4 way screw driver.

Sounds like a few good items there. I don't usually need tools, but I have experienced heated shield problems. Ever since I also carry a shield wiring kit with spare fuses. I also keep a set of jumper cables in the nose box under the tool kit.

Someone else that carries an exhaust spring, lol. I usually have some metric hardware and a lot of zip tyes! I have it bad too. lol.

Back