• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

towing with an RS Venture

Towing, thanks for the picks now that I know what I looking at I see the double bar bumper. I stopped by my dealer today and convinced them that there was such an animal and got them to order me one.

AhAhAh.... what a blaster....
I guess Mr. Towing himself had to reply to this one....

Maybe i start a Carburator problem thread then Miss. Carb. show up... or vacuum could be!

I like this forum....

Lolll Aventure :D

With a such title, i admit that i really got concern LaLaLa

Maybe one of these, we will get a thread from a lonely girl searching for adventure .... :tg:

Bye
Alain :rocks:

there isn't any aftermarket kind that just bolt on to the single bar rear bumper? i have one too, and need to be able to tow a sled, but i have no hitch!

i just like this guy.... :) :die

If you gonna pull heavy stuff.... like blown up cat's and doo's ..

You need this scandinavian stock hitch arrangement.
With two bars with a bracket between. An the hitch mounted on the plate/bracket.

My RS is an Venture TF.
Scandinavian model.
The rear skid is equipped with an articulating rail extension for improved performance while backing up.

Heres a link in swedish....
http://www.yamaha-motor.se/products/sno ... turetf.jsp

For other RS models towing bracket part no. (pic2)

I also have a cargobox like this picture (pic1)

Attachments

• towing bracket.JPG
    towing bracket.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 244
  • rs venture cargo.JPG
    rs venture cargo.JPG
    9.2 KB · Views: 243
i think that's the same one offered in canada. i can order that dual tube bumper from my dealer, but i don't really need anything that heavy. i did buy a universal hitch, but it doesn't quite fit right. the rear bar is too small in diameter, and the holes in the hitch mounting bracket aren't far back enough to clear the bar. meaning, i wouldn't be able to get a bolt through them because the holes aren't behind the back side of the bar. but i think if i squish it in a vise a little bit, it might close it up enough to be snug, and push those holes back behind the bar so i can get bolts through them. ;)!

i have a 05 venture 1000 3 cylinder 4 stroke - my stiuation pertains to better low speed pulling ability - we pull a small groomer for our cross country skiiers - it does ok but smokes the belt when the snow gets deep - was going to go with a lower gear ratio - stock is 20/39/68L chain - going with an 18 tooth on top - 40 tooth bottom gear so isnt much different and these combos run a 68 link chain so - any other ideas besides changing the drive cog diameter? we only need a top speed of 50 or less. low end grunt and less belt slippage is more important and over all low speed pulling.

I tow a lot of wood out of the bush with my Venture GT, didn't really plan on it that way but don't have much of a choice. I have the double bar hitch, everything works good except for the low end pull ( as Waldo 1 ) stated. But these machines were not designed for any major towing. I only need to do heavy duty towing 2 weekends a year. I would go with the 2 bar hitch this way the weight is distributed better.

Back