• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track ratcheting

kyleg

Extreme
So I have a backcountry track on my xtx and it would only ratchet the oddtime/very rare a friend said I should tighten it more so we did and i took it for a ride the next day and everytime I'm on the throttle hard in deep snow or on trail or hit a bump well excelorating it will ratchet I loosened the track off and it's not as bad but still ratchets everytime in any amount of powder. Not sure why it still ratcheting any suggestions. Do drivers wear out I only have 5000 km? What anti ratchet drivers work best on the backcountry track?
Thanks

There just the stock drivers as far as I know bought the sled from the dealer with the track already on it. I just can't understand why it wouldnt be back to normal after I loosed the track. How lose is your track?

m.schuey7 said:
You will need to upgrade to extroverts with that track.

No you don't need to. I run the same track with just the stock drivers. Extroverts are nice because you can run the track alot more loose but they aren't necessary. My track sags about an inch in the middle when its on the stand.

Running your track that tight will hurt performance and hi fax life, but your correct if you over-tighten it, wont ratchet any more.

Drivers don't last forever and they get worn out on the face that drives the track obviously. They loose their profile and get somewhat rounded. In that case they'll need to be replaced. Have a look at them and feel with your finger where the tracks inner lugs ride against them and you'll know. For comparison feel the reverse side which should be almost new

I figured it out I got to start a log book or something so I can remember what I do. It was tight almost no sag when off the ground not sure why I didn't notice it last night so I loosened it to 3/4'' sag with no weight and took it for a spin and didn't ratchet once. I can go on my trip now and enjoy the sleds power

I forgot to mention I also tighten my chain tensioner thought I had it to spec before but I guess not. Before all the ratcheting I would be around 9250-9350 rpm after I readjusted the tensioner It felt alittle under powered so I took it down a hard packed road and couldn't get it past 9000 rpm. Would a loose chain give me higher rpm? I tightened finger tight and back 1/4 turn

I would reccomend extrovert drivers. I run extroverts with my back country, I can run the track loose and don't have any racheting issues transitioning from trail to off trail.

Back