• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail bags on the APEX

sfraser

Extreme
I started a thread a few months back regarding how well saddle bags will work on the APEX. The concenus was that they would work well, but I don't think anyone had any real trail time at that point. Has anyone done any touring to date with saddle/tank bags? Also any issues with tank bags scratch's?

Thanks !

I was skeptical that it would fit, since it is the same as the RX1 saddlebag, and the seat is different on the APEX, but it fits very nicely.

As for storage space...there aint much of it!!! It will be okay for a overnighter, maybe two, but if you go for a long trip, you'll be turning your underwear inside out.

I took my last years RX1 bags & added cloth to make them fit!!!

Took 3 hours of cutting the current cloth in half & measuring everything up then sewing in the extra cloth down the center!!!

Looks factory & now I have my semi rid bags for my Attak for about $10!

BR

We have a plan that works well on our long trips. We all change underwear every day. Bob changes with Ron who changes with Dave who changes with Gunner Who then changes with me. Everyother day we reverse the order! Hardly need a saddlebag at all! studdog

Packing for the long trip

We take our worst sox and underwear and throw them out after wearing them. This way our bags get lighter every day and we don't have to carry stinky, skidmarked jockeys around all week! LOL LOL LOL

I just added a longer strap to the strap that wraps around the bumper. This longer strap allowed the saddle bag to move forward so that the front edge of the bag lined up with the rear riser of the seat. That puts the bag exactly where it sat on the 2005 RX-1.

Im adapting the Choko saddlebags from my wifes REV and shes getting my oem ski doo bags. It souldnt be much work to secure them. They fit nice, just need an extra strap sewn on to attach to the bumper. They sure look to have more space than the Yamaha bags.

COLDONE said:
I took my last years RX1 bags & added cloth to make them fit!!!

Took 3 hours of cutting the current cloth in half & measuring everything up then sewing in the extra cloth down the center!!!

Looks factory & now I have my semi rid bags for my Attak for about $10!

BR

Would you mind taking a few pictures? I wrestled with them and gave up.

Thanks,

-Moose

Back