• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Vs. Nitrous?

Murse

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex Std Red
Looking at doing something, Nitrous seems cheap and easy but 100$ here in Ontario to fill 3 lb bottle seems costly over time. Maybe add up to 5000$ a Supercharger kit costs from ulmer racing. I love my apex and it is plenty fast, i just want a shot here and there when dragging my buddies to secure a lead! Any opinions would be appreciated will install either kit i decide on myself father is a master mechanic works on cars, atv, snowmobile, motorcycles and boats so that cost is gone. I guess I'm just trying to see what the most cost efficient for the power/reliability. If i do supercharger I will probably only do 5psi to be close to 200hp around that because i want to keep the sled where it is in term of clutch and drive gears. I have ulmer stage 2 clutch kit and carbon drive shaft. Oh and last comment I'm in favor of nitrous because i choose when to shoot it so my sled will not suffer fuel mileage unless I want it to. seems to me Nitrous is the way to go for what i want.

I have a complete nitrous kit that came out of one of our apex's. It's a dry kit, one nozzle into the box. Set for a 50 shot. Has a bottle blanket/heater and mounts the bottle in the nose. Needs a new switch, but otherwise is complete. $250 shipped with a bottle (empty) if your interested.

i've had nos since 07 srayed lot's with no issue's lot's of fun

It's $10 a lb here in Ontario....and a 3lb bottle is more than enough with a 45hp shot to spend an afternoon on the lake and PROVE myself. How many times do you need to repeatedly beat the turbo cat guys?!! LOL

There are like maybe 10 good weekends of sledding in a winter here in Ontario, so if you used a bottle a day (which you likely wouldn't), 30x20 is $600 in Nitrous....X 10 winters....$6000. Much cheaper IMO than a supercharger or turbo.

Is nitrous possible with a turbo.... I know drag cars can deal with it but not sure about
Rx engines?

Is nitrous possible with a turbo.... I know drag cars can deal with it but not sure about
Rx engines?

Sure, but I don't see why you'd need it if you have that turbo making 220+ hp!!

Back