• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

turning

lt1air

i've done alot of reading on the bad turning of the 03 rx-1, will replacing the stock skis with the simmons flexi ski be enough or do you have to add the springs and thicker swaybar and longer links??
:yam:

Doolies stop almost all darting and get plenty of bite. I ride very agressively, and I only have 4" doolies. They also turn very easily. They actualy re-arched the skis a bit.

I am not convinced of this ice filling B.S. And, .. if they do, they still work great for me! Also, it seems like they last a lot longer too! They are more expensive. But to me they are worth it.

lt1air, to be specific, the following changes should be made to an 03 RX-1:
- replace the stock front variable rate springs with straight rate springs
- replace the stock 10mm swaybar with either an 11mm or 12mm for more aggressive riders
- replace the stock link with the longer links

There was an upgrade kit from Yamaha to upgrade the sway and links. All three of the above were done to the RX-1 platform starting in 04.

The Simmons Flexi-ski is a great edition because it will widen the ski stance and reduce the tippy feeling.

I think the Suisse hit it correct. I also made a ski change and went with Precisions (SKidoo) and love them. I got more bite than the stock skis. I also found that adjusting limiter straps did more than anything IMO.

Back