• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stryke ski shim adjusters

fourbarrel

Building a collection one sled at a time
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2019 SRX
I was just reading an article in a mag about the Stryke skis and the shims,and I got to thinking about the next thing the aftermarket guys might want to look at. How about a cam adjustable ski shim? Let's be honest,how many change the shims from one ride to the next or when conditions change? If it was a matter of turning a cam to add or subtract pressure front or back people might take advantage of that little adjustability. Food for thought.

If anyone was ever going to tune or adjust things it is going to be me, and shimming skis is the last thing that needs to be done unless running just a single carbide per ski, then you just need a shim to apply heel pressure. When the rubber wears and compresses, it gets replaced or added to.

The only reason for shimming the back of the ski was for darting on single carbides. Even that never cured the darting. Its the last thing a person would need to "adjust". Seems the only cure for darting today is multiple carbides, or not riding in numerous tracks carbides have cut before.

There are other suspension adjustments that are far more important for a quick adjust than a simple ski shim.

Back