• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ugly....

Just remember guys, your sled is just like SEX, the only one that really has to be satisfied is you.

No..but you just fix it with some aftermarket stuff and move on....
Yamaha won't they call it normal wear
Besides name any other sled that doesn't have play in the steering..it just part of snowmobiling.....thing wear out and you have to fix them....

I just log it under routine maintenance during my spring tear down every year. If they need replacing they get it if they don't then I leave them alone. Just like any other component, but I like to have my sled better than factory before it gets tucked in for the summer. Others just want to ride it hard and put it away wet for the year.

rodder said:
Wait till you guys see how much play those frontends get in them!

Since you know so much about a sled that doesnt exist. I must assume you are talking about the ProCross. Really?Sloppy steering and bushings? So how are the Cat guys fixing them? How about some suggestions maybe Yamaha will incorporate them so we dont have to. Yamaha used to use lots of needle bearings and Cat used lots of bronze bushings in suspension. I know it changed in Yamaha and they like thin plastic. Cat too?If no suggestion as to how to fix this "Problem" or specific info on where exactly this slop is all I am hearing is Snoopy talk.
You know.Wa wa wa.

Contribute and stay on topic or wait till you can PLEASE!

Replaceing bushings in the front end is every 5 to 6000 K in the front is far cheaper than replaceing an Etec or Clean Fire 600 every 4 to 5000 K or a 800 Clean fire every 2 to 3000 K at $22 to $2500 a pop.

Back