• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Unrealistic Expectations!!!

brown1966

Yamaha and every other snowmobile company has got to rethink how they do business....If the man expcets us to snowcheck these machine so we can use them 9 mos from now, we as loyal consumers should at least have the ability to cusomize them w/more options...I don't expect to have the entire aftermarket at my disposal, but a couple of different suspension options to look at wouldn't be unreasonable....Sign some simple contracts, it is not that difficult....read this site, take the best ideas....this is not rocket science

loyal for now with my 07 Phazer Mtn. Lite
(would love to get my skis off the groun)

Sasquatch ;)!
be careful your SPIENDING my money if you get them to do something like that.

Or How about a nice two up seat for the Attak, or better yet an LTX with a tip up 144 and a plus one seat and rack............oh I am dreaming again.

Yamadoo

Considering that they come from Japan, and they are just one line of many recreational vehicles shipped from over-seas, that's a bit of a tall order to fill. Remember, it's all about efficiency and QC. Last I recall, I couldn't buy a customized Hyundai (for example) I could only get what the dealer was given, and even requests were a bit tricky to honor.

IMHO: You either like to modify your sled, or you don't. Everyone has differing ideas as to what that is, and we can't expect Yamaha to hit the nail on the head for everybody. Not that this isn't a bad idea from a consumer perspective mind you.

Sasquatch said:
Ya how about a motor option fro the Venture. Make mine 150 efi please.

Now that the Venture is in the dbII, I wonder how much it would cost to convert an Attak to a 2-up?

4fighter I agree and do not expect Yamaha do make these changes quickly or even at all. Just dreaming.

Yet again, if Yamaha could start a custom order by May 1st of chasis, motor, shock, seat and color I think it would be a huge draw for them.

I do not bleed blue, BUT they are great sleds, maybe not the best in every thing but still my choice.
:yam:

Hoping for one last ride this week end

Yamadoo

custom order a sled ??? how about building one the way you like it...... not that hard, all the pieces are out there you just have to find em and put em together ....custom ,one of a kind,

Guys that think they know what the consumer wants should spend some time over on the Sled Talk blog. You'll quickly get the idea of how difficult it is to forecast trends and build machines that appeal to the largest majority of people.

I think the marketing guys need to take a break. I too was underwhelmed with the 09's. I'm not that impressed with the RTX SE, particularly because comes with a 7.4 gallon tank, and it does not use the same shocks the race sleds use. It doesn't offer a deeper lug track so I question why they are marketing it as a race replica when it is not the same as the race sled.

As sales in the sled market continue to fall every year, we better get used to fewer and fewer innovations and all new chassis. This to me is not a bad thing, in fact I like it. But, stop the marketing guys from building up everyone's expectations and hopes. Nobody likes to be let down.

I just want them to keep parts on stock to keep broken down machines from spending 5 weeks (and still counting) during the winter locked up in the service department. Still waiting for my chaincase cover. I'm not even thinking about new iron at this point.

jf

Back