• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What to do

Nah, if I wasn't lied to in the fall this wouldn't even be an issue.
In order for someone to lie to you they have to know that what they are saying is not true. I doubt if that is so in this instance. Most likely someone trying to do their best to be helpful simply passed on the best information they had at the time which subsequently has been shown to be erroneous.

In order for someone to lie to you they have to know that what they are saying is not true. I doubt if that is so in this instance. Most likely someone trying to do their best to be helpful simply passed on the best information they had at the time which subsequently has been shown to be erroneous.

Maybe I'm jaded in that sense.

We had a big issue a few years back at work, laid off etc. I got a call to come back and kinda laughed at management figured we were good to come back. They said 1 more week repairs will be done after 3 months off.

I spoke to the people actually doing the repairs to get us back and they said 3 months and were clear to management it would be another 3 months.

They will deny they ever heard that.

So you can guarantee somebody had a good idea it wasn't good.

i know they are not as fast as a winder but seen some older vk540's up on kijiji and facebook market place. the re sale on those is always pretty good. it would get you to camp/cottage for the work you need to do and you could re sell it.

i know they are not as fast as a winder but seen some older vk540's up on kijiji and facebook market place. the re sale on those is always pretty good. it would get you to camp/cottage for the work you need to do and you could re sell it.
Been keeping an eye out for a 900t skandic or expedition, be a good sled for the wife once mine shows up.

I'm just to slow, buy the time I see the add the sled is sold haha

I feel ya, my winder is sitting at the dealership waiting on a new motor since LAST Feb. yup over a year. I don't even know if the dealer knows where it is. No plan, no communication, no idea when the motor will come. Dealer has let me use a new ski doo last year so I could make my trip but its not the same. Frustrating but I don't yell I just call every now and again to let them know I haven't forgot about it.

Bad part is I have a spare apex engine sitting in my shop daring me to swap it into the winder chassis ;)

I feel ya, my winder is sitting at the dealership waiting on a new motor since LAST Feb. yup over a year. I don't even know if the dealer knows where it is. No plan, no communication, no idea when the motor will come. Dealer has let me use a new ski doo last year so I could make my trip but its not the same. Frustrating but I don't yell I just call every now and again to let them know I haven't forgot about it.

Bad part is I have a spare apex engine sitting in my shop daring me to swap it into the winder chassis ;)
Yeah yelling gets you nowhere, a year for an engine is absolutely insane, you probably could have gotten 1 piece by piece after a year.

I just started calling them out on excuses. Everyone has excuses, where is the solution. I don't want guesses from the dealer anymore.

They going to extend your warranty an extra year?

I'd actually be ok with them lending me a sled for my vacation. At this point ill be twiddling my thumbs instead of sledding.

Strange. I know a couple guys that bought sidewinder crate engines over the summer. (From Arctic cat dealer, $4500 complete). Shouldn’t be a problem for your dealer to get one.

Back