• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upgrading to Stiffer springs

JP10

Extreme
I'm planning on upgrading the rear springs on my phazer moutain.
I was wondering if the 2500 Nm would be the best choice. The other options are 2100 Nm and possibly 3000 Nm. At 145 bucks a piece i only want to do this once.

Thanks
JP

You might want to try new spring blocks first. X-Clicks from hyperformance suspension, instead of 3 position adjustment it gives you 4 and is aluminum rather than plastic $ 37.00 I think. I'm using them and it made the world of difference. I'm 195 lbs dressed and carry 2.5 gallons on the back with snowshoes and I do not bottom out any more. Of course there is the occasional Jump that might do it! :Rockon:

Tbyrd, prior to installing the new blocks, was it normal for you to ride on the stiffest setting?

Tbyrd, did the blocks eliminate the static sag? With no weight on mine, the rear scissor arm rests against the bump stops...

Yeh it was always on the stiffest setting and I am on the stiffest setting now position #4. I was going to get new springs also but this deffinately cured it. I would say it raised the adjustment of spring 1 inch witch is alot. As far as the sag yes it totaly got rid of it and it doesn't even sag with 2.5 gallons of gas and snowshoes on the back. Well worth it!

Attachments

• IMG_3749.JPG
    IMG_3749.JPG
    313.2 KB · Views: 101
Adding more preload doesn't make up for a spring that is too soft.
I tried thicker blocks first - then I bought springs. ;)!

I guess if you can justify spending that much money for something you can fix for less by all means.

145.00 each is the canadian price... order them from port yamaha or a US dealer and they are half the price, even at the current exchange rate.

good luck

The clickers are the real thing, pluss anti-bottoming rollers. I am 225 and unless I stand on the bumper and jump up and down I have a hard time finding the bottom.

I just ordered a pair of those x-licks but I have a question....how do you get to install them?That spring is all loaded up and im sure there is an easy and safe way to install those.

Turn the preload to soft (your current blocks)
Release the springs on the long end - by the wheel.
There is still tension on it but unless you are a 9 year old girl it is managable.
Then you can change out the adjusters.

Back