• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upgrading to Stiffer springs

;):D Do just like said.To release the spring you can just turn the plastic loop(guide) that is around the long end.Then like said its girly easy!

Does anyone think that the extra preload on the spring as a result of this block would cause fatigue and failure? I wouldnt the spring to fail in the middle of a ride.

JP

I have my shock turned to the highest setting and the block on the hardest, it corners better with the front in the midle, but bottoms out easy, well on either setting but its better with the shock up but stil way to soft on medium bumps and sucks jumping. Would this spring block help me or should I look into a shock also? any suggestions? I like a lot of ski lift also. Thanks

I've been running this 4 position spring block on stiffest setting for 1500 miles and have had no problems.

I upgraded to the 2500 springs and it was a huge difference. I tend to jump alot and trial ride with my hair on fire ;) The spring upgrade is the first upgrade I would plan on. For the money the x-click block makes alot of sense since the 2500 is alot stiffer, and having the ability to adjust that range will help everyone find their sweet spot.

Other notable upgrades: At a minimum I would look for KYB rebuildables for the front and rear. They come up from time to time on ebay and on ty4stroke. I'm not sure i can justify $700 for the Fox Floats, but I'm told they are the best option.

My next change will be the front skis and shocks personally.

On a side note, the Yamaha Hand Guards are awesome and you should think about getting them.

I think I'm going to to try the x-click block. Can you inform me a little more on the KYB rebuildable shocks. I got handguards already, personally really dislike the yamaha handguards, or the ones I've seen. Thanks! :rocks:

Here is my new front end (no skis yet). Longer Phazer arms and GYTR shocks. Got mine for $465 shipped from this guy >>>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

If you can find the arms for $100ea (x4) that's a good buy. These shocks will also mount to the stock MTL front arms should you choose not to upgrade and the arms.

The bottom shock body needs to be milled ~ 2mm on each side for them to fit into the lower shock mount. A skilled shop is required for this work and expect to pay about $100 to have it done. The lower shock body has the rebound adjustment so precision grinding is required. Also, the bushings will need to be milled as well, the bottoms to match the lower shock mount width and the tops just skimmed about a half mm on each end.

I can hardly wait to see how this handles now with the amount of performance and adjustment these shocks offer. Off to Fett brothers next for the Fox X shock rear skid upgrade for about $500.

Attachments

• photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 80

Back