• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Uphill Clutching

AAdavis

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Yamaha Sidewinder SRX
It has not snowed a healing amount of snow in Wyoming for 6 weeks now. So riding is down to just hill climbs. Which is still fun but its all that is left. Went out on my SRX with ice screws of a stock track and my brother on his 146 inch track with 2 inch paddles. Did our first side by side uphill pull and I thought he would really pull me and it did not happen. He is a 240 tune and I have 270 header tune. We found our selves staying in the throttle longer with contest and then we were both in the air at 70mph. We decided not to do it again! Then did a data log uphill and found the clutching at about 7000 rpm. So would you
IMG_0028Edit.jpg
have to clutch for just uphill to get the best run and then it would not work on the flat?

Would say you want to pull tip weight out for uphill and by the looks of things you're probly not too overly concerned about doing any high speed lake runs anyway!

Back