• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vecter or Poo Classic

mainecabin

Website
www.mainecabin.com
I am interested in ride quality and comfort. Gas mileage is nice but not the most important factor. Reliability and longevity are important. I am thinking of a Vector GT or a 600 Poo Classic with the M10 rear. I am 59 years young and do family style groomed trail snowmobiling. Average speed is about 40 mph.. Looking for advice from anybody that has experience with the two sleds for side by side comparison. Thanks

Id go with the Vector. I currently ride an '01 Polaris 600 EDGE X. After I rode an '05 Vector I never wanted to ride my Poo 600 again. The Vector is just all-around a better sled, IMO.

NO QUESTION WITHOUT A DOUBT the Poo with the M10 will ride better than the Vector GT. THe M10 still rides better than the Yam mono...not alot better, but it still is better especially in varying conditions. THe Poo has the 128" M10 doesnt it?? THis will be even better as your almost into a long track sled which typicaly rides better than a 121" sled.

On the GT, you'll have to get the front shocks revalved ($80-100) cuz even with dual clickers, she'll be too tight for what you want. The Vector is a COLDER riding sled, meaning theres less wind protection.

I have a 2005 Vector ER and this is my 1st Yamaha after owning 15 Polarii. I've had Poo's woth M10's too, most lately a 2003.

Honestly Sir what I would do I I had the money (maybe you do?) is buy a Vector GT and buy a M10 from FAST and have it professionally installed. Have the GT front shocks revalved 50% softer and you'll have the ultimate trail cruiser. Sled will be a little colder, but just dress one layer warmer and you're good to go.

Dont want to do thisa and dont mind the 2 stroke smell, oil, gas mileage???Buy the Polaris.

I can't speak for the difference in the sleds suspensions. However, I will NEVER own another 2 stroke snowmobile (unless it's a cheap kids sled) again. I can't even express how much my enjoyment of the sport has increased as a result of riding the 4 stroke.

QCRider said:
I can't speak for the difference in the sleds suspensions. However, I will NEVER own another 2 stroke snowmobile (unless it's a cheap kids sled) again. I can't even express how much my enjoyment of the sport has increased as a result of riding the 4 stroke.

No arguement on the 2S vs 4S, but the gentleman said it didn't matter to him. Personally speaking my enjoyment of the sport hasnt changed since going to the 4S, but my wallet has a little more money in it which is a good thing. ;)!

I seriously cannot even stand to ride behind a 2 stroke sled anymore, nevermind ON one. I'm not exaggerating either. It burns my eyes, smells like crap and generally sucks. Why do you think so many people are switching? Are the Yamaha's really any better sleds than the Doos as far as performance is concerned? No. In fact they probably are not quite as good, but still people switch. Why? FOUR STROKE ENGINES. Period.

QCRider said:
I seriously cannot even stand to ride behind a 2 stroke sled anymore, nevermind ON one. I'm not exaggerating either. It burns my eyes, smells like crap and generally sucks. Why do you think so many people are switching? Are the Yamaha's really any better sleds than the Doos as far as performance is concerned? No. In fact they probably are not quite as good, but still people switch. Why? FOUR STROKE ENGINES. Period.

I dont have a problem riding behind a 2S, but I've been doing it for so long, I guess I'm immune to it. Where did SkiDoo's enter into the equation here? As to the main reason people switch is cuz it's a 4S, yep, that be me! Unfortunately I bought into the hype that the ProActive skid was a good trail suspension, which in it's STOCK form, it is not...IMO. Especially when you compare it to an M10.

The man said he wants ride comfort. The M10 is still the standard that all others are compared to when it comes to trail crusing suspensions.

BTW - you're from QC and you're trails are smooth and flat ALL the time :moon: . Your Vector could have 0" of travel and you'd say the Vector suspension is awesome!! ;)! <jk>

True about the trails, however, I stayed clear of the suspension discussion. I said I couldn't comment on that because I have not ridden the M10 equipped sleds. I just said that I don't care WHAT the suspension is, I bought my sled because it was a four stroke.

It's important to note that I did not buy it because it was a Yamaha. I bought it because it was a viable four stroke engine in a good package. I would switch to another brand in a second if/when they build a 4 stroke in a better package.

I have both a 2s and a 4s (rx1 @ 600 venom). I cant stand to even look at that venom any more because the rx1 is cheaper to operate,it rides better,its not stinky,and it just an overall quality sled. Now if I could not get a 4s then I would still be in love with the srx's and vipers and all the other kick #*$&@ 2 strokes out their... But I was shocked and suprised at how much I love being on a 4 stroke sled. I think UNDECIDED said it best. You could always take that m-10 out of the vector if you decided it was not for you but man o man, I think you will love never having to check your spark plugs ever again!!

Some 2-stroke sleds dont stink much at all. However, I will do whatever it takes to not ride behind a Ski-Doo. I dont know what it is, but those things just plain stink and the exhaust makes my eyes water.
I dont have a problem with the exhaust smell of Polaris or Cat sleds, just Doo.

Octane said:
Some 2-stroke sleds dont stink much at all. However, I will do whatever it takes to not ride behind a Ski-Doo. I dont know what it is, but those things just plain stink and the exhaust makes my eyes water.
I dont have a problem with the exhaust smell of Polaris or Cat sleds, just Doo.

So you changed your name to "Octane" 'eh Mr. Captain Toyota? Did you buy (or your Daddy) a Vector or are you still gonna talk about a sled that you dont even own?

BTW - followed a Doo on Sunday that was running the Doo full syn and it hardly smelled at all....was very surprised.

undecided said:
So you changed your name to "Octane" 'eh Mr. Captain Toyota? Did you buy (or your Daddy) a Vector or are you still gonna talk about a sled that you dont even own?

BTW - followed a Doo on Sunday that was running the Doo full syn and it hardly smelled at all....was very surprised.
Still looking for a good used one. Im considering getting a new Phazer, but I wanna see how they ride and handle first.

Mainecabin. My friend has a 700 classic and I have different yamahas. His is an o6 and the classic is a nice machine. It gets around 12 t0 13 mpg . If I was going to buy a different machine other than the vector I have it would be the classic. The only real knock I have with it is it vibrates thru the handlebars a little. The new 06 does not smoke that much with the new injection system that it has. It is a real warm sled to trail ride with good wind protection. It will run 118 on the dream meter and topend the vector but not by much. I personally like my vector for ride and dependability. I would buy another vector to replace the one I have. 3500 trouble free miles at 18 to21 mpg. Onebelt and onthe same hy faxs with polaris idler wheels on it. Either sled is a win win for you. Spicers in michigan had a classic for sale last week for 7199.00 plus the tax and setup as my buddy spring ordered his for 9199. A real bite for him but he is real happy with it. Woodtic

12-13 mpg is great milage for a Polaris 700. My brother has an '03 Polaris Pro-X 700 and if he babies his sled it will get 10, not much more.
Honestly, if you wanted a Polaris Id go with a 600 over a 700. The 600 makes about 8 hp less than the 700, but the 600 gets about 4-6 better mpg. I can easily pull 16 mpg on my '01 600 XC and I do not baby my sled (never have, never will). Also, with the 700 there is a water pump that needs to be inspected ever 1500 miles. You dont have to worry about this on the 600. I think the water pump on the 600 is gear-driven.

Back