• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector gauge swap question

thetruck454

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I have the vector gauge mounted and am building a plug and play wiring harness extension (https://www.corsa-technic.com has every single connect I've ever seen, it's a great resource), but have a question. From what I've read I need to add a single pin for battery power to keep the clock from resetting. Looking at the two plugs it looks like the vector harness had 8 pins vs 6 for the nytro. I don't remember reading anything about the nytro being two pins shy of the efi Vector. Anyone have some advice?

P.S. V1.0 adapter plate is just plastic, I want to get a sheet of aluminum to make it stiffer for V2.0. I also think I'll need to anchor the bottom of the plate right under the gauge to the instrument panel because with all the leverage out there on the RAM mount it flex the instrument panel a lot.

Last edited:

I don't have an answer for you but I am also wanting to do this and thought it was a plug and play as well. Do you have the correct year gauge?

I don't have an answer for you but I am also wanting to do this and thought it was a plug and play as well. Do you have the correct year gauge?
Not plug & Play if you want the clock to work.
Everything but the clock will work with the stock plug. To make the clock work you will need to add a power source.
Also, I have a extra Vector gauge I would sell to someone. I was going to do this same thing to my Nytro but never got to it, and then sold the sled and got a second Sidewinder.

The gauge is off a 2012 Vector with EFI and EPS so it is the correct one. I figured out what the 8th wire was for the EPS error signal. It tells the gauge to illuminate the EPS symbol. Here are some semi finished pictures of my gauge swap. I added the aluminum bracing because the weight of the gauge and RAM mount made the plastic instrument panel flex way too much. I was afraid it would be hard to read on the trail and possibly break the plastic in the cold.

Not plug & Play if you want the clock to work.
Everything but the clock will work with the stock plug. To make the clock work you will need to add a power source.
Also, I have a extra Vector gauge I would sell to someone. I was going to do this same thing to my Nytro but never got to it, and then sold the sled and got a second Sidewinder.

Agman, I think I sent you a PM. Interested in that gauge.

Back