• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector or Apex

Other than speed what are some differences in Vectors vs Apex. I am looking at a 2010 Vector or an '07 Apex both same price and 2000 miles, and a Vector is fast eneough for me. I want to sell my '07 Venture , I find it too big, hard to turn and very tippy.

I'd go with the Vec, less weight and lots of updates to the skid, grease zerks on the A-arms and that 3 hole fuelie will probably pull the Apex up to 80?

Owning both myself here's my take.

1. Vector is way better on fuel than the Apex. I can ride the Apex like a grandma or hotrod it, 14 MPG. Do the same with the Vector, 18-19 MPG.

2. The Vector is just as fast to 80-90 MPH, then the Apex walks by.

3. The Vector is quieter to ride. Something about the 4 cyl that drones soooo bad. I have to wear earplugs when i take the Apex.

4. You didn't say if one or the other is an LTX, but my LTX Vector rides wayyy better than the shorty Apex. And my Apex is a GT with the Ohlins. Not that the Apex rides bad, it rides good, but the Vector rides great.

As you can see, my opinion is Vector all the way. Both are great machines, but whenever I have the choice which of my sleds to take, I take the Vector 99.99% of the time.

I agree on the Vector especially the LTX. However my Apex, unlike others say, takes the Vector start to finish, both stock.

theCATman said:
Owning both myself here's my take.

1. Vector is way better on fuel than the Apex. I can ride the Apex like a grandma or hotrod it, 14 MPG. Do the same with the Vector, 18-19 MPG.

2. The Vector is just as fast to 80-90 MPH, then the Apex walks by.

3. The Vector is quieter to ride. Something about the 4 cyl that drones soooo bad. I have to wear earplugs when i take the Apex.

4. You didn't say if one or the other is an LTX, but my LTX Vector rides wayyy better than the shorty Apex. And my Apex is a GT with the Ohlins. Not that the Apex rides bad, it rides good, but the Vector rides great.

As you can see, my opinion is Vector all the way. Both are great machines, but whenever I have the choice which of my sleds to take, I take the Vector 99.99% of the time.

The Vector is also a better tight trail sled as the motor sits lower in the chasis and is less tippy. ;)!

I have the '12 Vector LTX and really enjoy it. My average last year was 16-17mpg. It really didn't make too much difference how I rode it. I did a short 55 mile run today with the wife and it seemed to be a little better than 17mpg, but won't know for sure until I fill it up. The trip was on the easy side of riding testing out the wife's shoulder before we do a longer day.

Vector is lighter than the apex, so would likely handle a bit easier on tighter trails. its no lightweight itself though.
The 2010 efi engine is awesome. Pulls hard right up to 85mph, then slowly makes its way to about 100mph (give or take).
Before you committ to a 2010 Vector, seriously look at the newer ones with eps. i wish I did. On tight trails the vector can be a bit of bear sometimes. After a long day, you may feel it in the shoulders.
Good luck
MS

I have the 2012 model and I can attest to the fact the EPS is nice. I rode nearly 300 miles in one day last year and the arms and shoulders were NOT sore and I was ready to do it again the next day.

musselmark
This doesn't exactly offer an answer to your question, but here is my first impressions of a 2012 Vector (from a previous post). I ride with a nephew who is on a 2011 Apex and I'm sure what ever choice you make, you will be grinning (if we ever get more snow)...here is what I posted earlier about the Vector

"With almost 300 miles on the new Vector I can tell you this. POWER STEERING ROCKS. I am up there in years and have bad shoulders. The decision on a new sled was easy. EPS. I have Bergstrom 6 inchTriples with ski savers and shims. Darting is almost non-existent. Steering is creamy smooth and easy. Too much power will cause some inside ski lift in the turns. The throttle is much more sensitive than my old 1997 Venture 600. At the end of the day That Red Rocket took my nephews '11 Apex to the cleaners up to 75mph or so when I let off as I was at 8000 rpm. When I get a few more miles and new oil and filter We will go all the way. I am sure he will go by me at around 80mph or so. But what a gas that Vector is to ride. The suspension is now set up as factory installed. I have a loose track (about 2inches) and slider wear is minimal. That's it for now. I love this site".
Rocky18, aka Mike

A lot easier oil/filter changes on the Vector as well, and a lot less messy too! ;)!

We have both and I do love the Vector better as well.
I just was looking at getting rid of my Attak and getting a vector for those reasons above..

Anyone run a Vector against a 1200 Doo for comparison sake?

I ran my 2010 nytro against one in a flat field witha good cushion of snow last year. They pulled pretty even the whole 800m run. Whoever got the jump on the start was the winner. Would love to try it on a flat hard packed lake.

I own a vector, given its weight I would say the doo may have the upper hand at the start. It may be able to make up for it down the run, but I would reel it in slowly if at all.
Ms

Back