• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Velocity Ring Install

you guy's may want to install them on all the way if you hit some rough trails, mine came off thinking i was gonna get a little more hp :o|

Mine went on so hard that I had to use a piece of oak board over the rings with a large hammer to get them to slide all the way in.

Now, they only stick out 3/16" beyond the face of the carb.
I'd just love to slide them out to at least double that (3/8") but I'm a bit worried it will take so much force I might break something.
Freddie, I know you said to leave them alone but it's tough knowing there is some more power just sitting by moving the rings out 1/4".

Is there a way to make them move more easily?
Maybe I could heat them up, lube them, grab them with one of my oil filter wrenches or a strap wrench and get them to rotate and slowly work them out?

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Frosty

I've installed mine at about 3/16th's showing also. If I am correct this is how Freddie dynoed them. How are you so certain that there is more power to be had with the rings extended? No dyno evidence that I have heard of. They seem to work great as is. :Rockon:

Fullback said:
I've installed mine at about 3/16th's showing also. If I am correct this is how Freddie dynoed them. How are you so certain that there is more power to be had with the rings extended? No dyno evidence that I have heard of. They seem to work great as is. :Rockon:

I sled them on the carbs as far as they would go Fullback.

Freddie

Ok got my clutch straightened out and finally got to run the sled this weekend to really see how it performed. First....Thanks Freddie, the filters and rings are awesome. Sled has never run better. I was with a couple of friends, one with 800 doo and the other a 900 fusion. The fusion used to run close with me on the lake last year. I could only pull him on a long run. We got out on the lake, not best conditions, and I gave him a 5 sled head start. I passed him like he was on a 600 before we even got 500 feet. :Rockon:
The 800 doo was so far behind, he didn't count. We did about 6 more runs, rolling start, I gave him more of a head start, and every time I was waving to him as I passed him. I mean I shot past him. :moon:
Also bunch of guys commented on the sound of the motor with the filters and rings. Great job Supertuner. ;)!
Another satisfied customer. :flag:

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

BTW, when I installed the rings, I pushed them on as far as they would go, as per Freddies instructions.

Back