• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vent hose off bottom of airbox missing

jpilk99

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex GT
The enigma that is my "new" '06 Apex GT just keeps giving.... Noticing there is no vent hose to mate up to the nipple on the bottom right of the airbox (see pic of me astutely pointing to said nipple). Partszilla says this, I believe, this is a "Pipe, Drain", part # 8FA-1443E-00-00 (see #22 in second pic). I read another thread where someone asked if they could just route the bottom of this hose out the bottom of the sled. Someone else chimed in that it was (I think) part of an oil vent breather tube... I'm curious if someone can tell me where the other end of the hose goes, once I get one in there and attach it to the nipple on the bottom of my airbox.

Thank you!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2196.jpg
    IMG_2196.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 128
  • airbox diagram.JPG
    airbox diagram.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 131

My 2015 APEX did not even have a hose

My 08 Apex has the hose but the 18 does not.

On the older apex sleds, the hose is routed through the hole in the frame behind the oil tank. The newer Apex sleds I have do not have a drain hose anymore.

Thanks all. Getting hosing and will find an exit port out of the way for it.!!!! Thanks again.

Back