• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

vent kit recommendations needed

p0wd3rp1l0t

VIP Member
looking at pulling the trigger on a vent kit. just want to know which ones are better than others before i find out the hard way. looking at a 6-7 piece kit, also replacing stock vents on hood as well since the snow falls "into" the engine compartment often getting the clutch belt wet. so...what do you recommend?....side note i do have a mpi super charger also if that matters at all

I have the XXX Mod Rods kit(6 piece plus the 2 piece to cover the stock vents) and am very happy with it. The only place I seem to be getting snow in now is through the opening in front of the oil tank behind the a-arms. I am waiting for a reply from mod rods to see if they make a cover for that vent.

Check out Mountaintech's Instrument Panel Vent.

mountaintechindustries.com

X2 for Mountaintech, ip vent is the only one I have. I've never had a problem with overheating since I installed it either

LCC vent kit made by R&M ... had an R&M hood on my RX-1 for years and it took a ton of abuse and always bent back into shape and the material/frame is tough.

Same materials for their vent kits - as far as I know LCC is the only place to get them.

The MCX guy that did my turbo install didn't recommend venting, siting it causes more issues than it is worth sometimes, if you are really riding in the mountains with a turbo........ take that for what it is worth. I have a 270 MCX with no added venting.

I´ve not ride my newley bulid nytro much but I ´ve also considering a ventkit,but when out riding in powder I get snow all over. What I meen is that any venting would be coverd in snow 90% of the time riding.........right?

WW

When I ride, the vents plug and clear as I ride. Every time you bank or blast through the powder, they build up, but generally it clears on the opposite bank or jumping. I find the Nytro vents quite well.

That's not to say it doesn't need screening. It does.

I used 3M 77 spray adhesive and some 120 mesh (frogskins type) to cover the main side vents grills. I also used the same mesh and a small aluminum frame to cover the hole behind the RHS A-Arm (for oil tank) That hole location is absolutely stupid without some kind of screen. It can add 30lbs of snow and ice to your cab in a matter of minutes. What normally saves us is it plugs up solid with ice and snow and stops working completely.

The biggest problem area for me is below the headlight. Since I run K&N's, when that area was open the filters would ice up pretty quickly. Again, I fabricated a small frame to hold the frogskins and to keep the snow out and the air flowing. It ain't pretty, but it works well.

Most screen kits are great, but don't usually deal with those two real annoying holes:
1. Behind A-Arm vent for oil tank
2. Below headlight.

OTM

I just used Gorilla Monsoon tape to block that annoying oil tank vent hole.

Back