• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture All Purpose

kyzer

VIP Member
I know someone that just bought a new Venture All Purpose sled..I am not sure that I like it very much...Does anyone have any seat time on one of these ???? How do you change the spark plugs ???? I noticed that there are no vents for the clutchs to cool down, what about the heat generated here..I noticed that the running boards are very flimsy, should he consder reinforcing them...It has a small tank what kind of milage is he going to get out of one tank???

thanks

If you are talking about the Venture Multi Purpose, I have around six hundred kilometers on mine and haven't seen any of these problems you mentioned. As far as the spark plugs go I haven't seen mine yet and wouldn't imagine spark plugs would be an issue on a four stroke efi engine. We have a pretty deep snow cover in this area and I sure haven't noticed any clutch heating problems or ever seen the engine heating problems that some talk about. The running boards on mine are far from flimsy so I would suggest your friend take his back to the dealer and get them looked at. The fuel tank is eight gallons and I would guess that the mileage is round 15 miles per gallon or so. Hard to tell on that. Plenty of room on the rear rack to carry more fuel if that is an issue. Anyway if you're not sure that you like them then I suggest you look for something else but as far as I'm concerned I am very pleased with mine. Topper

Thanks for the feedback, have you had a chance to use it in deep snow or slush...It will take a bit to get used to not worring about the spark plugs, or heat from the clutchs..As far as the running boards go if I stand on the back of them they flex alot, we will see..

I own a Ventue Lite, which is pretty much the same sled. 15 inch track, back seat and smaller front bumper are the only differences I have found.
I have ridden 771 miles on mine so far this season.
Spark plugs are hidden way in there, I have heard you have to remove the seat and move the fuel tank out of the way, to have a direct shot at them. But I will say...how often do you change spark plugs on a new car???
I run on very low snow conditions, we are just silly happy with the 3 inches we have now. No issues with heat so far...engine or clutch.
The running boards are a little flexy on the back, but I have found that there is no need to step back there if you are alone and going through the rough stuff. They are plenty stiif up front where it needs to be. I have considered reinforcing, but will hold off for now.
The gas mileage has been great, first tank I got 13.5 mpg, but after that I have been averaging minimum 18mpg, and so you know I ride hard. My machine has a 9.5 gallon tank, which should be the same as on the multi purpouse, but Topper can tell you for sure, as he has one.
I have not run it out of gas to determine actual range yet, but expect between 180 and 200 miles out of the 9.5 g tank if the throttle is not used like an on-off switch.
The one thing I will say is that this machine, along with the other Phazres, is an ice hog. I have removed up to 40 pounds of ice after running a full tank out. You will just have to stop and kick the ice and the sides of the tunnel to break it off. MAKE SURE TO RUN THE TRACK BACKWARDS!!! Or you will have issues with the ice jamming between the track and the front heat exchanger.
Overall this is the best sled I have ridden. Yes there are faster, more poweful sleds out on the market, but when you take all aspects into consideration.... this is a winner in my book.
Super comfortable ride, huge cargo space (no more towing sleds for me), economic to operate, great Yamaha reputation behind it...etc...etc...
I had my heart set on another brand, but this was lighter and cheaper, more powerfull and more economic, just a no brainer.
I am one happy snowmobiler :Rockon:
If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me!!! :rocks:

Kyzer: I have run mine in fairly deep snow. We had about eighteen inches of powder for a week or so until we got some wind and then warmer weather and it got hard on top. The MP was great in the powder with its wide skis and the 16x144 track. The rad did tend to freeze over when the skis kicked up powder on it but I have never had it heat so I just ignore that now. Like GypsyRoots says the ice build up on the tunnel is the biggest problem with these sleds. The extra weight isn't really an issue for me as the machine has plenty of power for my needs but the ice is scafing my track a bit. I guess time will tell if the track is really going to get seriously damaged. I haven't had it in too much slush yet but I have hit a few slushy areas on the frozen sloughs around my place and it just cruized over it. GypsyRoots can probably tell you more on the slush running. I guess I never really noticed the flimsy running boards at the back of the machine because my feet are always in the stirrups so for me thats not an issue. Hope this info helps. Topper

Hey Topper, Guess you do not have the hand warmers in the back, do you?
The heating elements are fine, but the rubber sleeve over them is not quite attached to the bars, I mean they slip as if they were mounted on butter.
No biggie, I figure some high temp glue will resolve the issue. :Rockon:
Kyzer, as for running on slushy ice, water and snow, just put the whip to it, she gets on step great! I actually stopped in about 6 inches of water to test it, When I put the flipper to the bar she just got on step right away. We do a fair amount of water skpping in the spring and I wanted to make sure it had enough powe.
Plenty power is what I got to say! :4STroke: :Rockon: :yam:

Awesome sled !!! :rocks:

Back