• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vibration Problem on 2007 Grizzly 450

Snowwmax

Veteran
Hi All,

First off I am new to the Forum!I recently (last saturday) bought a 2007 Grizzly 450 Quad (my first new quad). I took it on its maiden run on Sunday.... Overall I love it.. though there is a Loud Vibration whenever there is a load (meaning going up a hill - fireroad) around 20mph and higher... Also when you accelrate quicker than normal the same noise is there... The vibration seems to be coming from the right footwell area which is where the clutch assembly is.. I don't know what is wrong, but I also know it is NOT Normal ... It is going into the shop on Saturday...

Anyone else experience this? or have any ideas?

Thanks
-Steve

On a Brand-new rig? You are right though.. I have been snowmobiling for years.. and loud noise from under the hood near the clutch was usually the belt! Sometimes even the clutch just needed lubrication

I would take it in to the dealer and make them fix it. There is no reason it should need a new belt unless they did something to it.

I am NOT Touching it.. it is BRAND NEW.. I have an Appointment Saturday.. I am posting because I am curious to see if anyone else has had a simliar problem or if it is a common problem with the Kodiak 450's 421 engine?

Turns out the sound / noise / vibration is Normal for the 421 Engine.. I rode a Wolverine 450 while there.. and it made a very similar noise/vibration.. Dealer says the it will settle down once the engine brakes in.. I have the 2 year Warranty anyhow:)

The next time I am out.. I am going to vidoetape the sounds... just so others can hear it :)

Thanks

Hey All,

Well I went for another jaunt today on my Quad..

First things First: I love this Quad!! I was going through stuff that my friend on a Honda Foreman w/26"Mudlites was having trouble in with Ease! They were both surprised how well the Grizzly 450 does! I am quite happy so far with this machine.. :jump:

Ok.. back to vibration.. I did video tape it today and the vibration is there.. but more and more I ride it... more I accept that is normal.. I will post the Video some how / some way in the next few days so you other Grizzly /Kodiak 450 owners can take a listen

Happy New year! :drink: :drink:

Back