• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Seats

meklke

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper
Are there just two different heights of seats, the mtn seat and the shorty seat? I have a buddy that has an LTX and I swear his seat is taller then my RTX. I have heard that some LTX sleds had mtn seats on them from the factory?

I do know the xtx came both ways the mountain seat is taller and does not have the step up in the back. here is a pic of my 14 next to my 15 with the mountain seat.
right side view small.jpg

Are there just two different heights of seats, the mtn seat and the shorty seat? I have a buddy that has an LTX and I swear his seat is taller then my RTX. I have heard that some LTX sleds had mtn seats on them from the factory?
I have a 15 ltx seat for sale in the classifieds.

Do mtn seats come heated or is that an option? Could non-heated seats be taller then heated ones on the non-mtn seats??

Mountain seats were not heated until the 17 sidewinder btx and xtx le came with them, think more models have them now.

Do mtn seats come heated or is that an option? Could non-heated seats be taller then heated ones on the non-mtn seats??
A heated seat does not make it higher or lower. If you are asking you can always add the headed seat element to your seat if you want a heated seat. I did to my stock LTX trail seat and to the mountain seat I put on last year. Just pull half of the staples out of the cover, peal up the seat cover, stick the heated seat element to the seat and re staple the cover back on. all seats should have the hole already in the foam to run the wire for it also. If you are thinking about it I highly recommend the mountain seat I think it is way more comfortable over the stock trail seat.

It might go without saying, but be sure to use stainless steel staples if you opt to do it yourself.

Yes the 2015 MTX had a all black seat
Im 99% sure this is the part number
8KG-F4710-00-00

Attachments

• 1755_1600.jpg
    1755_1600.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 546
Do not think that one is heated.
I don't think yamaha ever made a black one heated for a viper. but arctic cat did and it should fit but its cheaper just to get a non heated and put the pad in yourself.
arctic cat part number
6706-081

Back