• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper softer primary spring/clutching? (m7000 arctic cat)

88kawi

Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 apex mountain
'16 m7000
16 viper 162
the arctic cat information on the m7000 is lacking compared to the yamaha viper forums.

Anyone know who I need to call about clutching on this sled?

Its engagement on concrete, with the skis on wheels is brutal. leaves skidmarks of rubber no matter how soft i give throttle. just SLAMS into drive around 3800, maybe even higher around 3950, and I know its going to trench bad like this...

There has to be a reason the viper engagement is so high. Even the nytro has similar engagement rpms.

There has to be a reason the viper engagement is so high. Even the nytro has similar engagement rpms.

Nope, called thunder clutching and he said cats are always harsh on engagement, he's getting me the spring to do ~3000 rpm engagement. he says he has his sprung like that and can baby walk it forward slow without burning belts or blowing out the track and getting stuck.

Same with nytros, they are clutched too harsh. the triple 4 stroke puts out enough torque down lower vs the higher engagement of a 600 twin smoker if that makes sense.

Back